Peter's hanging body, found in Shi No Numa.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
|Affiliations||OSS, Group 935|
|Status||K.I.A. (Original Timeline)|
Unknown, Presumed Alive (Origins Timeline)
|Marks||No left arm|
|Death||Sometime between September 20th, 1945 and Shi No Numa, Rising Sun Facility, Empire of Japan (Original Timeline)|
Sometime after Zetsubou No Shima, Stalingrad, USSR (Origins Timeline)
|Level||Shi No Numa|
Call of the Dead (mentioned only)
Der Eisendrache (cipher only)
Gorod Krovi (cutscene only)
- "You'll be our only advantage now."
- — Cornelius Pernell, Peter's handler, trying to contact him.
Doctor Peter McCain is a character in the Zombies map Shi No Numa. He is never actually heard, but there are references to him heard in various radio messages and a letter by him is shown through a cipher in Der Eisendrache. He also appears in the intro cutscene of the map Gorod Krovi.
Peter McCain was an OSS spy sent to infiltrate Group 935. He originally worked undercover as a research assistant somewhere in Munich, but was then transferred to Verrückt, another Group 935-controlled facility. When Peter's handler suspected his identity had been compromised, a Marine Recon Team led by "Tank" Dempsey was sent to Verrückt to rescue him. McCain had escaped/been evacuated before they arrived, and Dempsey, the only known survivor of the recon team, was captured by Group 935 and experimented on. Sometime later, McCain was sent to investigate a Division 9 facility in Japan by plane, parachuting to the facility. However, his parachute got caught in the roof of one of the Rising Sun facility's buildings, hanging McCain and killing him.
In the Origins Timeline, McCain never died in Shi No Numa. Instead, when jumping from the plane, he ends up going through a portal to the skies over Stalingrad, USSR when the Origins characters were pursuing the WW2 Nikolai in Gorod Krovi. The four then use Peter's parachute to successfully land in Stalingrad.
- His corpse can be taken down from its hanging spot if the player(s) attack it with explosives.
- When knocked down from hanging in his noose in Shi No Numa, if the player stands on him, there is a possibility of the player being immediately killed.
- If Peter's hung body is knifed a sufficient amount of times, the game session will restart.
- In the Call of Duty: Zombies version of Shi No Numa, the map lacks Peter's hanging body and features the Peter's Grave Easter Egg instead.
- On Call of Duty: World at War, if the player throws grenades below him or shoot him, his corpse will swing around. On Call of Duty: Black Ops, when doing this, his corpse will hardly swing at all.
- If using the "noclip" command, the player can see that he has a backpack, and a sheet on the roof, indicating that he came from an airplane via parachute.
- Peter appears in Revelations in the Origins Recap trailer alive and fighting.