Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
|Affiliations||Russian Air Force|
|Voice Actor||Boris Kievsky|
- "Take no prisoners comrades."
- — Major Petrov at the start of a multiplayer match.
Major Petrov (Russian: Петров) is the commanding officer of the Russian Air Force base located in Kazakhstan featured in the level "Cliffhanger". After John MacTavish is cornered near the satellite, Petrov orders Roach to show himself, and surrender within five seconds or his men will open fire on MacTavish. At this moment, having being instructed by MacTavish to go to "Plan B", Roach detonates C4 set near the fuel depot, distracting the soldiers, allowing him and MacTavish to kill them and escape. However, if Roach does not detonate the C4, the Russians open fire on Capt. MacTavish, executing him.
- "This is Major Petrov! Come out with your hands up! To enemy infiltrators, we have captured one of your comrades! We know you are up there! Surrender now and we will spare your comrade. If you do not surrender, your comrade will die. Come out with your hands up! Very well - I will give you five seconds before I execute your comrade! You have five seconds to comply. Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"
- — Major Petrov to Roach
- "This is Major Petrov! Come out with your hands up! I will give you five seconds to comply. Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"
- — Shorter version
- He is the multiplayer announcer for the Spetsnaz.
- The scene he appears in seems to be a reference to the beginning of the film Goldeneye. Petrov's role is similar to that of General Ourumov and their dialogue is almost identical.
- In the E3 demo, which featured an early build of the level "Cliffhanger", he is voiced by a different person.
- If the player stays indoors he will do his full speech but if the player makes their way to the stairs, he will do less than half of his speech.