|You'll be a blur in this image, so the users won't see you until you're very close.
This article is in need of better quality images. Feel free to upload them to improve the article.
- "Wait, we are keeping score?"
- — Tank Dempsey
Points are the currency used in Zombies. Points are on all of the maps and are awarded for shooting/killing Zombies, boarding up windows, reviving a downed teammate and successfully hacking some things. Points are spent on a variety of things, including buying new weapons, Perk-a-Colas and opening doors/clearing debris. The maximum ammount of points obtainable is 1,000,000.
Ways to earn pointsEdit
Points are gained by doing the following:
Note that points gained by hitting/killing enemies applies to Zombies, Gas Zombies, Hellhounds, the Pentagon Thief, and Space Monkeys. It is also worth noting that all gains are doubled if the Double Points powerup is in play.
- Non-lethal hit: 10 points
- Lethal torso hit: 60 points
- Lethal limb hit: 50 points
- Lethal explosive hit: 50 points
- Lethal neck hit: 70 points
- Lethal headshot: 100 points
- Lethal melee: 130 points
- Repair a barrier/window: 10 points per board/segment of wall, (most) windows maximum 60 points (6 boards) each
- The number of points is capped at 40. This increases by 50 every round to a maximum of 490.
- Hacking a window gives 100 points, but only for the first 2 times.
- Collect a Carpenter power-up: 200 points to all non-downed players.
- Collect a Nuke power-up: 400 points to all non-downed players.
- Go prone in front of a Perk-a-Cola machine in Der Riese: 25 points (only works once, the amount is visually seen as 20 or 30 in Call of Duty: World at War)
- Kill a Zombie Monkey: 500 points (if it hasn't attacked the player)/10 points (if it has attacked)
- Kill a Napalm Zombie: 500 points
- Kill a Shrieker Zombie: 500 points
- Hack an Excavator: 1000 points
- Hack the Pack-a-Punch Machine: 1000 points once per game
- Withdraw from the bank in TranZit: 900 points
Points are lost by doing the following:
- Buy a weapon off the wall: 200, 250, 500, 600, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2500, 3000 or 6000 points (depending on the weapon)
- Get downed: 5% of current points (if revived, the player who revived gets the 5%; if not revived, all players lose 10% of their points)
- Open a door/clear debris: 750, 1000, 1250 or 3000 points
- Hack a door: 200 points
- Use the Mystery Box: 950 points (10 if a Fire Sale is active)
- Use the Pack-a-Punch Machine: 5000 points (1000 if a Bonfire Sale is active)
- Use an Electro-Shock Defense: 1000 points
- Use the Flogger: 750 points
- Use an Automatic turret: 1500 points
- Use the MDT on Der Riese: 1500 points
- Buy Juggernog: 2500 points
- Buy Speed Cola: 3000 points
- Buy Double Tap Root Beer: 2000 points
- Buy Quick Revive: 1500 points (500 if solo except in World at War)
- Buy PhD Flopper: 2000 points
- Buy Stamin-Up: 2000 points
- Buy Deadshot Daiquiri 1500 points
- Buy Mule Kick: 4000 points
- Buy Tombstone Soda: 2000 points
- Buy Who's Who: 2000 points
- Hack another player: 500 points, but transfers them to the hacked player
- Hack the mystery box location: 1200; allows the player to buy the box at any location (once per location)
- Hack the weapon in a mystery box: 600; re-rolls the mystery box. If used a second consecutive time, the hacker re-gains 950 points and the weapon will be up for grabs for any player (including the hacker).
- Hack weapon on wall: 3000 points; switches the prices of ammo and upgraded ammo (e.g. M16 will still cost 1200 points, however ammo now costs 4500 points and upgraded ammo costs 600 points).
- Hack a power-up: 5000 points; turns it into Max Ammo. If a Max Ammo was hacked, it becomes a Fire Sale.
- Deposit in the bank in TranZit: 1000 points
Point gain modifiersEdit
- Double Points: Multiplies all point gains by 2 (does not affect Nuke and Carpenter in World at War)
- Insta-Kill: 110 points per kill, 130 points per knife kill (in World at War only if the knife would have killed the zombie without Insta-Kill)
Point cost modifiersEdit
- Fire Sale: Reduces Mystery Box cost to 10. Also spawns the Mystery Box in all locations
- Bonfire Sale: ("Five" only) Reduces Pack-a-Punch Machine cost to 1000. All teleporters lead to Pack-a-Punch room.
The amount of points the players have is shown at the bottom right of the screen. The player's points are enlarged to distinguish their points from their teammates' (in World at War). All players' point counters are shown in a color that represents what character they play as, except on Moon, where they are randomized.