Level 77 (General 1)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
The Portable Radar is unlocked at General 1 (level 77). It is a placeable recon device, similar to the Motion Sensor. The Portable Radar can be picked up and replaced at any time. Unlike the Motion Sensor, allies are capable of seeing the Portable Radar's effects on the mini-map. However, since the mini-map is unavailable in Hardcore, it will only produce sounds when enemies are in proximity. It is still usable if a friendly UAV is called in, or the player uses the full map in the pause menu.
Enemies using Assassin are undetected by the Portable Radar (however, the Portable Radar makes a beeping noise when an Assassin user is near). It is much more versatile than its counterpart, the Scrambler.
- On the side of the Portable Radar, "AN/PPS-1" is written.
- Players wearing the Juggernaut Recon armor will act as a mobile Portable Radar.
- If the player throws the Portable Radar and then he obtains the Juggernaut Recon, Juggernaut will not act as a Portable Radar, but the Portable Radar that the player threw early will ping the map much faster.
- It is possible to survive a Throwing knife with a Portable Radar, as seen here.
- Portable radars were originally ment to be in Call of Duty Ghosts. But this was scrapped and replaced with Motion Sensors.