The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that the Throwing Knife is used exactly once in each campaign in Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops II?
- ...that in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer map Highrise, players can get onto the roof of one of the office buildings, where there are a bunch of Teddy Bears?
- ...that in multiple points throughout the series, references are made to the 1998 war film Saving Private Ryan and the 2001 war film Black Hawk Down?
- ...that when the button is activated in the Museum mission of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, General Shepherd holds his .44 Magnum as if it were a sub machine gun?
- ...that when using the Chopper Gunner killstreak in Nuketown, the nuclear bomb that nukes the map once the game is over can be seen?
- ...that the torture scene in Numbers is entirely skipped if the Graphic Content Filter is activated?
User of the Month
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: WWII - "Private Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours