The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 broke Call of Duty: Black Ops's sales world record for the amount of copies sold upon launch by selling 9.3 million copies?
- ...that the perk Marathon from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops requires 26 miles of running to unlock its Pro effect, which is the approximate length of a marathon race in real life?
- ...that in Call of Duty: World at War, players can swim?
- ...that during the course of Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Sgt. Roger's squad took around 80% casualties?
- .. that boxes of the environmental trash in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 have a candy brand called Sweet and Sexy?
- ...that the car company, Jeep, made special editions of the Jeep Wrangler based on Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3?
User of the Month
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - "Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours