The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that the first letters of each map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops spell out "FEAR"?
- ...that in Call of Duty: World at War, there was originally going to be a fourth killstreak - Carpet Bomber, B-17 Flying Fortress, Katyusha Rocket Launcher and Kamikaze?
- ...that there is a secret RC-XD tunnel on Nuketown that goes to the opposite respawn point?
- ...that the famous film composer Hans Zimmer got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for free?
- ...that when using the Chopper Gunner killstreak in Nuketown, the nuclear bomb that nukes the map once the game is over can be seen?
- ...that Samantha Maxis controlled all the zombies in an act of revenge against the man that betrayed her father?
User of the Month
Vote for February's User of the Month from the 19th onward here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki as well!
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: WWII - "The Resistance Live Action Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours