The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that the M1911 pistol is the most frequently recurring weapon in the series?
- ...that Steve Blum, the voice of Tank Dempsey, also did the voice of Captain Foley in the original Call of Duty?
- ...that in multiple points throughout the series, references are made to the 1998 war film Saving Private Ryan and the 2001 war film Black Hawk Down?
- ...that the level Liberators from Call of Duty 2: Big Red One takes place before the first level in the North African campaign, but is unlocked after completing all of missions in said campaign?
- ...that on the mission "Cliffhanger" when Captain MacTavish throws Roach on to the mountain after he almost falls he latches on automatically but if the player does not hold the respective button on Veteran or Hardened mode then they will fall?
- ...that when playing Exo Survival or Extinction on solo, the game will not pause when the player goes to the options menu?
User of the Month
Vote for May's User of the Month from the 19th onward here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki as well!
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: WWII - "United Front Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours