The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that Grigori Weaver and Raul Menendez are the only characters in the entire series to lose an eye?
- ...that Der Riese is German for "The Giant"?
- ...that on Shi No Numa, if the hanged man in the spawn room is knifed enough, the map restarts?
- ...that at one point, Sgt. Roger's squad consisted completely of non-commissioned officers; Sgt. Kelly, Cpl. Smith and himself?
- ...that the original Call of Duty received over 80 Game of the Year awards?
- ...that some ISA multiplayer character models in Call of Duty: Black Ops II use Treyarch Game Design Director David Vonderhaar's head?
User of the Month
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - "Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours