The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that Nikolai Belinski and Ludvig Maxis share the same actor, Fred Tatasciore?
- ...that the Shadow Company soldiers in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are the first American enemies encountered in the Call of Duty series?
- ...that this website was founded before Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released?
- ...that Sgt. Callard sacrificed himself in order to detonate the explosives that weren't working?
- ...that the General from Call of Duty: Black Ops is one of the highest ranking characters in any Call of Duty game to date, but only spoke one very short line?
- ...that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare only has achievements for the Xbox 360, and no trophies for the PlayStation 3?
User of the Month
Vote for October's User of the Month from the 19th onward here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki as well!
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: WWII - "Carentan Bonus Map Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours