The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that there are no sniper rifles in the multiplayer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized?
- ...that from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 onward, players are able to see what attachment a fallen weapon has in the pickup text?
- ...that on Shi No Numa, if the hanged man in the spawn room is knifed enough, the map restarts?
- ...that in the Call of Duty 2: Big Red One mission Crucifix Hill, Lt. Hubert misaddressed Sgt. Kelly as a Corporal?
- ...that Sgt. MacTavish was named "John MacTavish" during an E3 showing of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in 2007 before his first name was confirmed to be John?
- ...that every final level in the Modern Warfare series' games has had the antagonist's helicopter destroyed, each time aiding the protagonist in killing them?
User of the Month
Vote for May's User of the Month from the 19th onward here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki as well!
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - "Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours