The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that the coordinates of the Tactical Insertion in Call of Duty: Black Ops II show the current map's actual geographic coordinates?
- ...that twelve playable characters have died in the Call of Duty series so far?
- ...that in multiple points throughout the series, references are made to the 1998 war film Saving Private Ryan and the 2001 war film Black Hawk Down?
- ...that a sequel to Call of Duty: Finest Hour entitled "Call of Duty: Combined Forces" was proposed to Activision by Spark Unlimited but was quickly rejected after the company went $6 million (300% of their original budget) over their budget to make Finest Hour?
- ...that there are currently over fourteen Call of Duty games?
- ...that when the Muzzle Brake is attached to the K7 in Extinction, it is attached to the end of the K7's Silencer instead of replacing the silencer?
User of the Month
Vote for October's User of the Month from the 19th onward here!
Congratulations to all the active users who contribute to the Call of Duty Wiki as well!
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: WWII - "Private Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours