The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that there have been seven different Viktors in the Call of Duty series?
- ...that in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer map Highrise, players can get onto the roof of one of the office buildings, where there are a bunch of Teddy Bears?
- ...that there is a secret RC-XD tunnel on Nuketown that goes to the opposite respawn point?
- ...that, in Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Lt. Pavelovna hunted a single German officer for at least a day before finally sighting him during the Battle of Stalingrad, and killing him from over a hundred yards away?
- .. that boxes of the environmental trash in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 have a candy brand called Sweet and Sexy?
- ...that in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, if a player fires their weapon in the area of the map with monkeys in Quarantine, all the monkeys will frantically attempt to escape their cages and will screech for several seconds?
User of the Month
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - "Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours