Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The wiki dedicated to the Call of Duty series that anyone can edit!
World War III is a global conflict that occurs during Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It originally only involves the United States of America and Russia, but during the course of Modern Warfare 3, it becomes a global war. The start of World War III, as well as its continuation, all falls back to one man, Vladimir Makarov.
Vote for the next featured article here
Did you know...
- ...that the coordinates of the Tactical Insertion in Call of Duty: Black Ops II show the current map's actual geographic coordinates?
- ...that the Shadow Company soldiers in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are the first American enemies encountered in the Call of Duty series?
- ...that Call of Duty 2 was the best-selling Xbox 360 game in 2005, but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare sold nearly three times as many copies in half of the market time?
- ...that in Call of Duty 3, even though the Sten is described in-game as being able to use captured MP40 magazines, the ability was not actually featured in-game?
- ...that in Call of Duty 2, at one point when Pvt. Vasili Ivanovich Koslov used a radio, another Russian radioman spoke to Koslov in English before than speaking in Russian to another Russian soldier?
- ...that in 2007 WWE sponsored Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare with their pay-per view 'Armageddon'?
User of the Month
Call of Duty news
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - "Multiplayer Beta Trailer"
Call of Duty Wiki Poll
Favourite mission in Modern Warfare 3?
How many hours a week do you play Call of Duty? (Total votes: 6324)
- 1-5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20+ hours