A timeline of events in the "World War II Timeline". It features events from Call of Duty series from January 1, 1897 until September 2, 1945 from the games Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty: Roads to Victory, Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts, Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS) and Call of Duty: WWII.
- Marcel is presumably born in Northern France.
- World War I begins. Stan "Papa Jack" Jackowicz, Jean-Guy Robiechauld, Ronald "Red" Daniels' and Norman Delaney's fathers all fought in the war.
- World War I ends.
- Leslie Baron is born in Calgary, Canada.
- Aleksandr Sokolov is born, perhaps in Stalingrad, Russia.
- Michael Dabrowa was probably born.
- Stephen Kelly is born in Hartford, Connecticut, USA.
- Rousseau is born in Allègre, France.
- World War II begins with the invasion of Poland by Nazi Germany.
June 22nd Edit
- Germany invades the Soviet Union; Battle of Minsk
July 10th Edit
- Battle of Minsk
August 23rd Edit
- Battle of Kiev
September 2nd Edit
- Somewhere over the English Channel, James Doyle and his fellow crewmen are attacked by Messerschmidt BF109 while on a routine bombing mission over Holland.
- James Doyle along with Major Ingram and the Dutch Resistance fight their way to the train bridge, and James Doyle, with the permission of Major Ingram, destroys the bridge while the train was crossing.
September 9th Edit
- Siege of Leningrad
- Germans launch Operation Typhoon, intending to capture Moscow, but fail.
December 7th Edit
- Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor prompts American entry into the war.
December 17th Edit
- Pvt. Vasili Ivanovich Koslov trains with his comrades right before the attack on Moscow.
June 4th Edit
- Battle of Midway
June 6th Edit
- Private Joe Miller and his squad recieve basic traning in North Carolina, USA.
August 7th Edit
- Battle of Guadalcanal begins
August 10th Edit
- Pvt. Martin goes through training at Camp Toccoa, Georgia, USA.
September 18th Edit
- Pvt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin and his comrades are attacked by four MG-42s. While the Red Army charges the Red Square, Pvt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin sneaks in a building and snipes the German spotters.
September 20th Edit
- Pvt. Aleksandr Sokolov crosses the Volga into Stalingrad. He then takes a refinery under the command of Sgt. Oleg Puskov. Under the orders of Lt. Tanya Pavelovna, he leads the charge up Mamayev Kurgan taking the hill.
October 3rd Edit
- Lt. Tanya Pavelovna, along with Pvt. Aleksandr Sokolov, navigates through Stalingrad's sewers to reach a tractor factory. Lt. Tanya Pavelovna provides sniper fire to protect the building and the T-34 inside. The tank crew led by Lt. Nikolai Badanov reaches the factory and the group escapes.
- While repairing the T-34, the Russian squad comes under fire from German forces.Lt. Tanya Pavelovna is wounded but carried to safety. Lt. Nikolai Badanov is ordered to take back Red Square. Lt. Nikolai Badanov gives a radio to the forward observers allowing a Katyusha rocket strike to destroy an approaching German Panzer column.
October 29th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division create a diversion by blowing up crates in order to get important documents.
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division repel the enemy attacks and escape.
November 3rd Edit
- Towards the end of Operation Supercharge, Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division break through enemy lines by using the tanks as cover. Sgt. John Davis finally radios the high command to tell them that the mission was a success.
November 6th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis along with the 7th Armored Division defeat the Germans at El Daba, Egypt. Sgt. John Davis retrieves the important documents and radios to the navy to destroy the German cargo ships.
November 8th Edit
- Pvt. Roland Roger lands with the rest of his squad in Oran to take an airfield from Vichy French forces.
- Airman "Stretch" Roger participates in a bombing raid on an oil refinery in Tunisia.
November 9th Edit
- Jr Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin goes through the sewers of Stalingrad to meet up with Yakov Pavlov at an apartment building that is being occupied by German soldiers. Jr Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin and the Red Army assault and defend the apartment building from enemy tanks.
December 2nd Edit
- Pvt. Vasili Ivanovich Koslov and the Red Army fight their way past Red Square to demolish a building that is occupied by enemy soldiers.
December 8th Edit
- Pvt. Vasili Ivanovich Koslov is given the task to repair the communication wire while under heavy fire.
December 24th Edit
- Maj. Nikolai Badanov leads an attack on a Luftwaffe airbase in Tatsinskaya as part of Operation Little Saturn. The attack destroys much of the resupply aircraft to the 6th Army in Stalingrad, as well as capturing the airbase.
January 15th Edit
- Pvt. Vasili Ivanovich Koslov and the Red Army assault the center of Stalingrad and defend it against waves of German soldiers.
- Tank Commander David Welsh and the 7th Armored Division tanks battled enemy tanks and flanked the Flak 88 guns in Libya.
January 22nd Edit
January 23rd Edit
- Edward Carlyle and Sgt. Bob Starkey are ambushed by German troops near Ksar Tarsine. They escape and reinforce a unit trying to capture a German fortresses and rescue Pvt. Allen Rowe and Sgt. James Dehart.
February 9th Edit
- Pvt. Joe Miller's squad attack Japanese postions on the island of Guandalcanal.
February 13th Edit
February 19th Edit
- Pvt. Roland Roger and his squad are attacked by the Afrika Korps during the Battle of the Kasserine Pass. His unit manages to hold off the counterattack, while escorting an engineer unit to disarm a German minefield, and recapture an artillery emplacement.
February 22nd Edit
- Pvt. Roland Roger and his squad defends the town of Kasserine from a German assault until American medics leave the area, then fall back.
March 10th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division barely escape the city of Toujane in an enemy armored car while picking off Panzerschrecks.
March 11th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division retake Toujane by taking over the most important sectors and defeating the German forces that occupy the city.
March 30th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division assault the town of Matmata and defeat German soldiers occupying the city. They then defend the town from Ju-87 "Stuka" dive bombers.
July 4th Edit
- Pvt. Yuri Petrenko and the Red Army defeat Wehrmacht soldiers and blow up Elefant tank destroyers on the front-line during the Battle of Kursk.
July 10th Edit
- Pvt. Roland Roger and his squad lands in Sicily and assaults Italian positions on the beach, moving inland where they rescue an isolated unit of paratroops in the town of Gela.
July 11th Edit
- Pvt. Yuri Petrenko and the Red Army fight their way to a tank factory in Ponyri and destroy a German Panzer and another Panzer that attacks them at the factory.
- Pvt. Roland Roger and his squad moves up to reinforce paratroops at Piano Lupo. Pvt. Roland Roger single-handed destroys eight Panzer IV tanks of the Herman Goering Division. Pvt. Roland Roger coordinates naval gunfire to destroy approaching Tiger tanks. For his actions Pvt. Roland Roger is promoted to the rank of Corporal.
July 12th Edit
- Sgt. James Doyle along with Major Ingram, Hoover, Luyties, Denny and Moditch destroyed the lighthouse and the battery guns on Sicily, and also disable the German communications equipment as well as finding important documents. Sgt. James Doyle and Major Ingram are the only SAS members able to get away.
- Pvt. Yuri Petrenko is transferred to the 2nd Guards Tank Division and they head to Prokhorovka.
August 5th Edit
August 22nd Edit
- Pvt. Yuri Petrenko and the Red Army assault the train-yard in Kharkov while battling attacking Ju-87 "Stuka" dive bombers.
- U.S. troops land on Bouganville
- Pvt. Joe Miller and his squad land on Betio Island and destroy enemy artillery to aid the beach landings.
- Pvt. Joe Miller along with Roebuck and his squad are sent to take a Japanese Airfield and to destroy some AA guns, then they help the 8th Division to conquest and defend the Japanese HQ on Betio Island.
- Pvt. Joe Miller's squad hold of several Japanese counterattacks on Betio Island.
June 5 Edit
- At 2330 hrs, Pvt. Martin and Sgt. Heath drop near Sainte-Mère-Église as pathfinders to set up beacons to help guide the rest of their unit to the dropzone. Heath lands a short distance away from Martin, gets caught in a tree and is killed there. Martin takes Heath's beacons and then fights through a pair of houses to reach the destination point.
June 6 Edit
- At 0012 hrs, Pvt. Martin and the 101st Airborne Division assaulted Sainte-Mère-Église minutes after landing near Sainte-Mère-Église, and they then escaped from the German forces at 0712 hrs on that day.
- Sgt. Jack Evans and the 6th Airborne Division land near Pegasus Bridge and fight off German forces on the afternoon of that day.
- Cpl. Bill Taylor and the 2nd Ranger Battalion ascend the cliffs of Pointe-du-Hoc. The 2nd Ranger Battalion finds and disables coastal guns, and holds off German forces until reinforcements arrive the next day.
- Pvt. Martin and the 101st Airborne Division fight their way to Brécourt Manor and destroy a Flak 88 gun that seemed to have been the one bombarding Utah Beach.
- Cpl. Roland Roger lands on Omaha Beach with the rest of the 1st Infantry Division. Breaking through, Cpl. Roland Roger eliminates enemy mortar and artillery emplacements.
- Pvt. David Ferguson and the 82nd Airborne Division attacks the Germans to get transportation to Sainte Mere Eglise, France.
- Pvt. Jonathan Shepherd and the 82nd Airborne Division's gliders crashes near Carentan, France. They regroup and take the town.
June 7th Edit
- Cpl. Bill Taylor and the 2nd Ranger Battalion successfully defend Pointe-du-Hoc and retreat to the trenches to hold off the German forces until extra support arrives.
June 11th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division eliminate enemy mortars and rescue American POWs at Beltot, France.
June 12th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division capture the crossroads of Anctoville, France, 17 miles east of Caen, and the town of St. Louet.
June 14th Edit
- Sgt. John Davis and the 7th Armored Division defend their position against a German counterattack at Amaye sur Seulles, France.
June 25th Edit
- Private Joe Miller and two other Marines scout the area around Mount Tapochau on Saipan Island. They then fight through several cave networks and areas to get to where the Japanese artillery is located.
July 14th Edit
- Cpl. Bill Taylor and the 2nd Ranger Battalion fight their way to Beaumont-Hague. They successfully eliminate German mortar teams in the area.
July 19th Edit
July 22nd Edit
- Major Ingram, Cpl. Keith, and Sgt. James Doyle land near Touchy, France. They regroup and meet up with a French Resistance group and eliminate German Flak 88 positions.
July 26th Edit
- Pvt. Nichols and his squad attacks and eliminates German positions in St. Germain allowing the Allied advance to continue.
- American forces launch an attack on Mayenne, France, in order to disable a bridge that the German forces are using for transportation.
- Sgt. McCullin's mental health degrades severly to the point in which he is unresponsive to most communication.
- McCullin is killed after planting explosive charges on the Mayenne Bridge.
August 1st Edit
- In a night attack, Pvt. Cole's unit attacks the German lines, knocking out an artillery battery as well as taking and holding an industrial complex against German counterattacks.
August 5th Edit
- Pvt. Nichols and his squad crosses the Maynne River by boat to secure the bridge before the Germans blow it. Sgt. Frank McCullin bravely disarms the bombs on the bridge but is killed in the process.
August 7th Edit
- Pvt. Martin and the 101st Airborne Division assault the Chateau, killing every German soldier and rescuing Capt. Price, who then gave the 101st Airborne Division information on where Major Ingram is being held.
August 8th Edit
- Pvt. Bohater's Polish unit moves out from St. Aignan-de-Cramesnil, France and engages the enemy. Their tank encircles and destroys a Tiger II tank commanded by the Black Baron.
August 9th Edit
- Sgt. James Doyle and the combined SAS/French Resistance team attacks and destroy a German fuel plant near Autun, France. Major Ingram however is captured during the escape.
August 11th Edit
- Pvt. Nichols' squad moves through the Foret d'Ecouves, clear the way for 2nd Battalion. The unit successfully destroys multiple German strong-points and roadblocks while under heavy fire.
August 14th Edit
- Pvt. Cole and his squad crosses the Laison River and takes out German positions on the other bank allowing the Allied advance to continue.
August 18th Edit
August 20th Edit
- Near Les Ormes, France, Sgt. James Doyle and Cpl. Keith, alongside the French Resistance, successfully rescue Major Ingram and three other Marquis prisoners. During the defense of the safehouse, Isabelle DuFontaine is killed in action.
- Lt. Robiechauld, along with Sgt. Callard, and Pvt. Cole rescue trapped Canadian tankers in a tavern in St. Lambert, and hold the town off from multiple German counterattacks. Sgt. Callard is killed while setting off the explosives to destroy a German Tiger II. Sgt. Callard is put in for the Victoria Cross and Pvt. Cole is promoted to Corporal.
- Pvt. Bohater along with his Polish tank crew hold off several German attacks on Mt. Ormel (Hill 262), until relieved by Canadian forces. Fellow tank crewmen Kolwalski and Rudinski, as well as the Canadian Pvt. Baron, are killed in the process.
- Pvt. Nichols with the rest of his squad fight desperately in Chambois to prevent the Germans from escaping the Falaise Gap.
- Pvt. Guzzo is wounded and Sgt. Dixon is killed in action while saving him.
- Pvt. Guzzo takes command of the squad and orders one final offensive against a persistent German force attempting to get through the village.
- After heavy fighting, the Germans surrender and Chambois is secured by the allies.
September 2nd Edit
- Sgt. Jack Evans, Waters, and Capt. Price make it to the nearest airfield after Waters blows up the wooden bridge. At the airfield, Sgt. Jack Evans uses a Flakvierling 38 to destroy attacking Ju-87 "Stuka" dive bombers.
- Sgt. Roland Roger (recently promoted after D-Day) fights off German forces with his squad in Maubeuge, France.
September 4th Edit
- Sgt. Roland Roger joins Sgt. Glenn Hawkins and his squad in a patrol of Mons in Belgium. The unit lands in an ambush and holds out for support. They are ordered to destroy Flak 88 emplacements. Sgt. Glenn Hawkins is injured and possibly killed in action.
September 14th Edit
- Sgt. Roland Roger, Sgt. Stephen Kelly, and Cpl. John Jackson Smith take part in a mission to destroy a series of German trenches on Crucifix Hill near Eilendorf Ridge, Germany.
- Flight Officer Paul VanAtta and the Eight Air Force bombs Nijmegen, Netherlands.
- Cpl. Micheal Dabrowa and the 1st Airborne Division fights their way to the bridge in Arnhem.
September 18th Edit
- Pvt. Martin and the 101st Airborne Division rescue Major Ingram from Dulag IIIA in Austria.
- Cpl. Micheal Dabrowa and the 6th Airborne Division defends the Arnhem bridge from the Germans.
- Sgt. Gerald Miller and the 82nd Airborne Division assaults Nijmegen, Netherlands and destroys Flak88 positions in Hunnerpark.
- Pvt. Jason Wescott and the 82nd Airborne Division crosses the river in Nijmegen to secure a bridge.
- Cpl. Alan Bradshaw and the Calgary Highlanders fights through Woensdrecht, Holland.
October 21st Edit
- Sgt. Chuck Walker's squad helps take the city of Aachen.
October 27th Edit
- Sgt. Jack Evans and Cpt. Price successfully snuck on to the famous battleship Tirpitz, but Cpt. Price does not make it back on to their boat, leaving Sgt. Jack Evans to retrieve the captain's log book and escape off of the ship alive.
- Cpl. Alan Bradshaw and the Calgary Highlanders began the assault on Walcheren Island, Holland.
December 6th Edit
December 7th Edit
- Cpl. Bill Taylor and the 2nd Ranger Battalion make their way to the top of Hill 400 under heavy fire from MG-42s and mortars.
December 8th Edit
- Cpl. Bill Taylor and what is left of the 2nd Ranger Battalion defeat German forces with air support from P-51 Mustangs. Pvt. Braeburn is killed in the process.
December 23th Edit
- Lucas Gibson and the American 80th Infantry Division attack and secure the town of Ettelbruck, Luxembourg.
December 25th Edit
- GySgt. Alex McCall and his squad of tanks attack German panzers on their way to Bastogne.
December 26th Edit
- Cpl. Riley and the 101st Airborne Division fend off wave after wave of German soldiers and tanks, and are relieved by Allied tanks and planes.
December 28th Edit
- Tom Sharpe together with Sgt. Maddock, Pvt. Taylor. Davies and Rogers destroy a German supply center near Bastogne. Rogers is killed in action by a German sniper.
January 4th Edit
- Tom Sharpe, Sgt. Maddock and Cpl. Taylor rescue the injured Capt. Randall. They safely drive him out of Bure, France using a captured Horch 1a.
January 5th Edit
January 9th Edit
- Sgt. Sam Rivers leads an attack that captures the town of Tillet, cutting off the German assault on Bastogne.
January 13th Edit
- Cpl. Riley and the 101st Airborne Division assault the town Foy and destroy a Flak 88. Cpl. Riley disables the Tiger tank and takes out the Panzerschreck team and destroys an enemy tank in the barn.
January 15th Edit
- Cpl. Riley and the 101st Airborne Division assault and defend Noville from incoming enemy tanks and half-tracks.
January 17th Edit
- Jr Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin is promoted to the rank of Sergeant and reassigned to the 150th Rifle Division, and sent to Poland, where he helps capture key German tank repair facilities in Warsaw.
January 19th Edit
- Sgt. Roland Roger's squad takes the town of Bucholtz and breaks through the Siegfried Line. Pvt. Bloomfield is killed in the process.
January 26th Edit
- Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin is transferred to the 2nd Guards Tank Army and uses a T-34 to push the German forces past the Oder River. The 2nd Guards Tank Army secured the town near the Oder river destroying the Flak 88 guns, and also destroying the Flakpanzer anti-aircraft gun.
February 2nd Edit
- Sgt. Jack Evans and the British 6th Airborne Division destroy a German V2 Rocket base in Burgsteinfurt, Germany.
- Lucas Gibson and the American 80th Infantry Division destroy enemy resistance in the city of Braunau am Inn, Austria.
- Cpl. Tod Gessinger and the North Shore Regiment fights their way to Keppeln, Germany.
March 24th Edit
- Cpl. Bill Taylor and the 2nd Ranger Battalion reach Wallendar, Germany and defeat the German forces.
- Pvt. Brian Preston and the 6th Airborne Division and crosses the Rhine at Hamminkeln, Germany.
April 7th Edit
- Lt. Chuck Walker leads an attack to capture the bridge at Remagen.
April 18th Edit
- Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin and the Red Army fight their way to the Reichstag. In the process Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin eliminates multiple German soldiers, destroys Flak 88 guns and destroys an enemy Panzer. Sgt. Alexei Ivanovich Voronin and his squad reach the Reichstag where they raised the flag.
- Tom Sharpe and the British 6th Airborne Division attack the German town of Wezel. They hold out until reinforcements arrive.
- Pvt. Joe Miller's squad break though enemy defenses at the Shuri Line on Okinawa.