Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
- "Take a 3rd attachment for your primary weapon."
- — Create-a-Class Description.
There are some restrictions to the attachments that can be placed on a primary weapon:
- The Ballistics CPU on sniper rifles cannot be paired with the ACOG Scope nor with the Ballista's Iron Sight attachment.
- Only one sight can be placed (with one exception: the Dual Band Scope and Variable Zoom can be combined together).
- Fast Mag and Extended Clip cannot be used together.
- FMJ and MMS cannot be used at the same time for balancing purposes.
- The Suppressor and Long Barrel cannot be used simultaneously.
- The Grenade Launcher, Hybrid Optic and Select Fire all conflict with each other.
- In addition, the Grenade Launcher cannot be used with the Fore Grip.
Additional restrictions in campaignEdit
The previously seen restriction are also present in the campaign, with the exception of the FMJ and MMS, since in this game mode, the FMJ is a perk instead of an attachment. There are even more restrictions to the campaign's attachments, but most of these combinations can still be found during gameplay, despite being impossible when customizing the loadout:
- The Suppressor, Long Barrel, Rapid Fire and Select Fire all conflict with each other.
- The Laser Sight cannot be paired with the Grenade Launcher, nor with the Dual Band Scope or the Ballista's Iron Sight attachment.
Call of Duty: Advanced WarfareEdit
- Only one sight can be used (now this includes the Ballistic CPU).
- The Laser Sight, Tracker and Parabolic Microphone all conflict with each other.
- The Foregrip and Grenade Launcher cannot be used simultaneously.
- The Suppressor and Advanced Rifling cannot be used together.