- "One team hides as props in the map and the other team must find them."
- — Gamemode description
Prop Hunt is a former Weekend Warfare gamemode featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, inspired by the popular mod of the same name which was available on the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. One team assumes the role of hunters while the other team are random props. Prop Hunt also inspired a gamemode restricted to the Days of Summer event and the map Beach Bog, Beachcomber. It became a permanent gamemode on August 1st, 2017.
In Prop Hunt, the prop team is assigned 30 seconds (10 seconds on Shipment) to hide, in which the hunting team is "blindfolded". Each prop has a chance to change their prop to another random prop twice (once in Shipment) and has the ability to flash once per prop they become in order to make a getaway. Periodically, the prop team will "whistle" every 20 seconds, as well as earn 100 XP every 10 second whilst alive, however do not regenerate health. The hunting team is armed with a P90 and a Desert Eagle, both with unlimited ammo, as well as a Knife and a single Stun Grenade that does not slow down props but only notifies the player of their vicinity. Hunters are also given the perk RPG-7 x2 and subsequently the RPG-7 with unlimited ammo when playing on Shipment. All props are given Dead Silence. Each round the teams switch roles, with each round lasting a total of four minutes. The first team to get three victories win the game, or will end in a draw after four rounds. Whilst playing on Shipment, the game is given Old School style movement. The original maps compatible with Prop Hunt are Pipeline, Backlot, Ambush, Crash, District, Downpour, Vacant, Crossfire and Strike. The maps Bog, Beach Bog, Shipment, Chinatown, Broadcast and Showdown were added at later dates.
Weekend Warfare Release DatesEdit
Prior to becoming a permanent gamemode, Prop Hunt made its debut in Weekend Warfare. The following dates are times when Prop Hunt was available for play before becoming permanent.
- March 31st, 2017 to April 3rd, 2017
- April 28th, 2017 to May 1st, 2017
- May 26th, 2017 to May 30th, 2017
- June 30th, 2017 to July 7th, 2017
From July 27th, 2017 to August 1st, 2017, Prop Hunt and Slasher were held in a vote to make one of them a permanent gamemode. Prop Hunt gathered the most votes and was made a permanent mode on August 1st, 2017.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/880457619391090688
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/880848688104558592
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/847526786858704897
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/30/prop-hunt-mode-coming-modern-warfare-remastered-march-31-april-3/
- ↑ https://community.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Prop-Hunt-Returns-to-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered/ba-p/10232539
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/858003573355008000
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/05/25/live-may-26-30-mwr-prop-hunt-double-xp-double-depot-credits/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ravensoftware/status/880472712673624066
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/08/01/prop-hunt-now-permanent-mode-call-duty-modern-warfare-remastered/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/890618311192465409
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/892430761407762433