- "One team hides as props in the map and the other team must find them."
- — Gamemode description
Prop Hunt is a former Weekend Warfare gamemode featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: WWII, inspired by the popular mod of the same name which was available on the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. One team assumes the role of hunters while the other team are random props. Prop Hunt also inspired a gamemode restricted to the Days of Summer event and the map Beach Bog, Beachcomber in Modern Warfare Remastered and The Resistance event in Call of Duty: WWII. It became a permanent gamemode on August 1st, 2017 in Modern Warfare Remastered.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIEdit
Prop Hunt was added to Call of Duty: Black Ops III during the Operation Swarm event on May 1st, 2018. The mode functions similarly to the WWII version of the mode, with a big difference being that all players including props have access to their thrusters. The verticality of the mode is increased significantly, as props can now lock high in the air. When a prop locks in mid-air, their boost meter will be paused at it current amount, and will not regenerate until the prop unlocks. XP (in the form of a medal) is granted to all hunters when a prop is killed, enticing hunter to work together instead of hunting the prop down alone to get full credit. As with the WWII version of the mode , if the two teams have 2 rounds won each , the game will be decided by prop kills , and should that be a tie , the game will be decided by hunting time.
Props now have a base xp gain of 25 points per 10 seconds , with an additional 25, 50 or 75 points being added as a bonus depending on the size of the prop.
The hunters now have a Kuda with Laser Sight and Extended Mags, a MR6, as well as two Concussion Grenades binded to the lethal slot. Also a new feature added allows hunters to produce a sound (using the "tactical" button)as well as highlighting their indicator on the mini-map to show that they have found or are chasing a prop, up to 2 times to prevent players from using it to grief players by either annoying teammates with the sound, or luring other hunters away from the props to aid the props.
Specialist abilities and weapons are disabled, and ammo is infinite, similar to Gun Game.
Only on Nuk3town, all props are mannequins , and all props have 9 mannequins which regenrate over time so as to balance that fact.
Hunters are also give the 30 seconds prop hide time to play "pre game hunt" which has a game of shooting balls and has a similar reward of showing the top 3 players' names who destroyed the most balls.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare RemasteredEdit
In Prop Hunt, the prop team is assigned 30 seconds (10 seconds on Shipment) to hide, in which the hunting team is "blindfolded". Each prop has a chance to change their prop to another random prop twice (once in Shipment) and has the ability to flash once per prop they become in order to make a getaway. All props are given Dead Silence. Props can also "lock" which will as the name implies , lock the prop in place , allowing the player to observe his or her surroundings without rotating the prop. Locking also stops the prop from falling , which can be used to lock a prop in mid air , making it harder for hunters to find props , although it may be difficult to stick to the sides of buildings without being noticed as a prop. Props can also spectate other props by pressing "down" on the D-pad on consoles. This will show other props , albeit without showing their playercard or name. Props can also zoom in and out.
Periodically, the prop team will "whistle" every 20 seconds, as well as earn 100 XP every 10 second whilst alive, however do not regenerate health. The hunting team is armed with a P90 and a Desert Eagle, both with unlimited ammo, as well as the Knife and a single Stun Grenade that does not slow down props but only notifies the player of their vicinity. Hunters are also given the perk RPG-7 x2 and subsequently the RPG-7 with unlimited ammo when playing on Shipment.
Each round the teams switch roles, with each round lasting a total of four minutes. The first team to get three victories win the game, or will end in a draw after four rounds. Whilst playing on Shipment, the game is given Old School style movement. The original maps compatible with Prop Hunt are Pipeline, Backlot, Ambush, Crash, District, Downpour, Vacant, Crossfire and Strike. The maps Bog, Beach Bog, Shipment, Chinatown, Broadcast and Showdown were added at later dates.
Weekend Warfare Release DatesEdit
Prior to becoming a permanent gamemode, Prop Hunt made its debut in Weekend Warfare. The following dates are times when Prop Hunt was available for play before becoming permanent.
- March 31st, 2017 to April 3rd, 2017
- April 28th, 2017 to May 1st, 2017
- May 26th, 2017 to May 30th, 2017
- June 30th, 2017 to July 7th, 2017
From July 27th, 2017 to August 1st, 2017, Prop Hunt and Slasher were held in a vote to make one of them a permanent gamemode. Prop Hunt gathered the most votes and was made a permanent mode on August 1st, 2017.
Call of Duty: WWIIEdit
- "As an underground Resistance fighter, you must master the skill of stealth. In a fun spin, just for this event, you can put your skills to the test in the Prop Hunt game mode, where players on one team must disguise themselves as everyday items strewn throughout the war zone, while the other team is tasked with tracking them down and destroying them. As a fun party mode, we hope you’ll enjoy taking a break from the core modes and try Prop Hunt during this limited-time event playlist."
- — Description of Prop Hunt.Prop Hunt was added to Call of Duty: WWII during The Resistance event before being permanently added to the game along with Gun Game. The mode functions similarly to the MWR rendition of the mode. A big change in how ties are handled has been implemented ; should both teams win 2 rounds each , the game will be decided by prop kills. Should the amount of kills be the same , the game will be decided based on the total time the hunters spent looking for props. This pushes the game in favor of a team that has one less player , as prop kills are more important.
Props now gain points not based only on their time survived , but as well as the size of the prop. Small props such as a pair of boots or a lifebuoy gain only a mere 50 points , medium sized props gain 75 points , large props gain 100 points and huge props gain 150 points every 10 seconds.
Props are also now available to rotate slowly on the spot by pressing the 'shoot' button.
The props now have 3 decoys , which allows the prop to drop a copy of itself at the exact spot where the player is. Hunters shooting at the decoy will have a hitmarker with a "explosion" symbol , similar to damaging a wall in War with explosives. If a hunter destroys a decoy , the prop who placed the decoy will gain 10 points with the phrase "decoy destroyed " appearing. Should a hunter destroy a decoy , they gain 50 points as well as a similar message appearing.
A small feature to pass the time when waiting for props to hide has been implemented : a game involving all blinded hunters pressing the "switch weapon button" as fast as possible . the more the button is pressed , the higher the player's name will rise up to the top of the screen. The first 3 players to reach the top will have their names shown after 3 players reach the top.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/880457619391090688
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/880848688104558592
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/847526786858704897
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/30/prop-hunt-mode-coming-modern-warfare-remastered-march-31-april-3/
- ↑ https://community.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Prop-Hunt-Returns-to-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered/ba-p/10232539
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/858003573355008000
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/05/25/live-may-26-30-mwr-prop-hunt-double-xp-double-depot-credits/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/ravensoftware/status/880472712673624066
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/08/01/prop-hunt-now-permanent-mode-call-duty-modern-warfare-remastered/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/890618311192465409
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RavenSoftware/status/892430761407762433