Radiant is one of the featured tools given to the community via Mod Tools, and is used for creating Single Player and Multiplayer maps. It is used by the development teams of every major Call of Duty title, over the years Radiant receives updates to work with the updated game engines and tech.
Radiant is featured for the following titles:
- Call of Duty
- Call of Duty: United Offensive
- Call of Duty 2
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (Cancelled)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
It is based on id Software's GtkRadiant, the IW engine that both Treyarch and Infinity Ward use to build their games are a modified version of the id Tech engine. Throughout Call of Duty history, both Treyarch and Infinity Ward provided the community the tools required to build levels for their games.
- Many textures since Call of Duty: World at War can be seen in titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the Zombies map TranZit has many textures from WAW, brick textures on the buildings in Town are the most notable.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops was intended to have radiant, but was later cancelled and a portion of the mod tools were only released, and thus custom maps were never present.