|Ray Gun Mark II|
2,300 (per shot) 6,900 per burst > 50000 (headshot)
21 blasts (42 Blasts when Pack-a-Punched)
950 (Mystery Box)
162 (201 when Pack-a-Punched)
- "We are going to bring the fans the Ray Gun Mark II. This is an evolution of the fan favourite, the "Ray Gun". It is a true laser gun. It is gonna go through entire trains of zombies."
- — Jimmy Zielinski on the Ray Gun Mark II
The Ray Gun Mark II is a wonder weapon that was released alongside the Zombies map, Buried, and is featured in all Zombies maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is the successor and the evolution of the Ray Gun, although, unlike its predecessor, the Ray Gun Mark II fires in three-round bursts with no splash damage.
When Pack-a-Punched via the Pack-a-Punch Machine, it becomes the Porter's Mark II Ray Gun. When Pack-a-Punched, the magazine size doubles, the ammunition total increases and it fires red rays instead of green. A player cannot carry the Ray Gun Mark II and the original Ray Gun at the same time; if the player has the original Ray Gun, it is impossible for them to receive the Ray Gun Mark II from the box, and vice versa.
In Patch 1.12, the Ray Gun Mark II was unintentionally added to all maps (several days prior to Vengeance's release for Xbox 360), but was later removed swiftly via a hotfix.
- In first-person, the weapon is held like a submachine gun, but in third-person, it is held like a pistol.
- Because of the different type of rounds used, no splash damage is made by the impacting of the gun's blasts. The Ray Gun Mark II's shots can also penetrate through multiple zombies at once, whereas the original Ray Gun's shots stop upon contact.
- While its predecessor is reloaded from the front of the weapon, the Ray Gun Mark II is reloaded from the back. They both use the same "cold cell" ammunition, however.
- The Ray Gun Mark II is the second burst-firing Wonder weapon (the first being the Acid Gat/Vitriolic Withering).
- The player is pushed back when firing the weapon.
- It is the only DLC weapon to be released early (by accident, however).
- The magazine size of the weapon is 21 rounds and there are 162 in reserve. However, 162 is not divisible by 21, leaving the player with seven full magazines and another with 15 shots (5 bursts).
- The Ray Gun Mark II has a chance of being dug up in Origins with the Golden Shovel during Zombie Blood (only if the player has Vengeance installed).
- The three small sub-reticles in the front sight are not visible when looking from in front of the weapon.