|Ray Gun Mark II|
2,300 (per shot)
21 blasts (42 Blasts when Pack-a-Punched)
162 (201 when Pack-a-Punched)
- "We are going to bring the fans the Ray Gun Mark II. This is an evolution of the fan favourite, the "Ray Gun". It is a true laser gun. It is gonna go through entire trains of zombies."
- — Jimmy Zielinski on the Ray Gun Mark II
The Ray Gun Mark II is a wonder weapon that was released alongside the Zombies map, Buried, and is featured in all Zombies maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is the successor and the evolution of the Ray Gun, although, unlike its predecessor, the Ray Gun Mark II fires in three-round bursts with no splash damage. It also has a very high penetration ability, capable of killing many zombies with one burst.
A player cannot carry the Ray Gun Mark II and the original Ray Gun at the same time; if the player has the original Ray Gun, it is impossible for them to receive the Ray Gun Mark II from the box, and vice versa.
When Pack-a-Punched via the Pack-a-Punch Machine, it becomes the Porter's Mark II Ray Gun. When Pack-a-Punched, the magazine size doubles, the ammunition total increases and it fires red rays instead of green.
|Ray Gun Mark II||Porter's Mark II Ray Gun|
|Damage||2300, 50000 headshot||?|
|Fire mode||3 round burst||3 round burst|
|Extras||Doubled magazine size, more reserve ammo|
- In first-person, the weapon is held like a submachine gun, but in third-person, it is held like a pistol.
- Due to the different type of rounds used, no splash damage is made by the impacting of the gun's blasts. The Ray Gun Mark II's shots can also penetrate through multiple zombies at once, whereas the original Ray Gun's shots stop upon contact.
- While its predecessor is reloaded from the front of the weapon, the Ray Gun Mark II is reloaded from the back. They both use the same "cold cell" ammunition, however.
- The player is pushed back when firing the weapon.
- The magazine size of the weapon is 21 rounds and there are 162 in reserve. However, 162 is not divisible by 21, leaving the player with seven full magazines and another with 15 shots (5 bursts).
- In all maps except Buried, only one player can obtain the weapon.
- In Patch 1.12, the Ray Gun Mark II was unintentionally added to all maps (several days prior to Vengeance's release for Xbox 360), but was later removed swiftly via a hotfix.