- "Semi-auto ballistic shotgun. Features a cyclic drum magazine for quick trigger response."
- — In-game description
10 rounds (15 w/ extended mags)
Level 1 (MP)
When all side missions are completed, the Reaver unlocks the Slug Shot upgrade, which allows the weapon to fire a single slug shot round, vastly increasing damage against enemies.
The Reaver is unlocked by default. It is the first shotgun unlocked.
In terms of damage, the Reaver falls short of other shotguns such as the DCM-8. Within point blank, one shot kills are best left not to dependence. However the range of damage is fairly stable, as the player can rely on two hit kills near halfway of the maximum range. As a result, the player is advised to double tap to seal the kill. To counteract the low damage up close, the Reaver possesses an extremely fast fire rate, firing as fast as the player can pull the trigger. This is urged to be controlled however, as the magazine size is small for a semi-automatic shotgun, holding only 10 rounds.
In terms of attachments, the player unlocks the Extended Mag attachment at weapon level 2, boosting the magazine size to 15. Using this attachment allows the player to utilise room clearing manoeuvres more effectively. The Rifled Barrel is also a viable attachment unlocked at weapon level 9, allowing players to extend the reliable two-shot kill range even further than present. The Stock, Optics and Quickdraw for this weapon are ill advised as the Reaver works best without the added time to aim. The Foregrip is also not an essential attachment as enemies will be quickly dispatched without feeling recoil if the player has a quick trigger finger.
In terms of perks, Ghost and Blind Eye as Tier 1 perks allow the player to utilise the Reaver effectively as a stealth role without being detected by UAVs and other scorestreaks. Momentum or Scavenger as a Tier 2 perk will assist with gathering speed or maintaining ammunition reserves, as the Reaver can be quite a greedy weapon with its ammunition. Gung-Ho has a Tier 3 perk allows for shots while sprinting in case the player is surprised by an enemy player or has little time to halt mobility.
- Reflex - Unlocked at weapon level 1.
- Trojan - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- ELO - Unlocked at weapon level 7.
- Smart Shot - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- Extended Mag - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Laser Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 3.
- Quickdraw - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Suppressor - Unlocked at weapon level 6.
- Rifled Barrel - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- Foregrip - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Stock - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
|Name||Rarity||Gun Perks||Cost (Salvage)||Notes|
|Vexed||Rare||On Point, Creeper||500|
|Machete||Epic||Shredder, Stockpile||N/A||Unlocked via a supply drop.|
The Reaver is available from the Magic Wheel for 950 points. It is available for customization at level 23.
- "C7" can be seen written on the stock of the weapon in blue text.