- "You will crush the German War Machine without effort. For players new to first-person shooters."
- — Call of Duty 2 description (other games just say the second sentence)
Recruit is one of the four difficulty settings in the Call of Duty series. It is the easiest of the four difficulties, as the player takes small amounts of damage from most weapons and the AI is generally inaccurate. The difficulty is recommended for players new to the First Person Shooter genre and players who want to focus on the story.
- In Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive, this difficulty level was called "Greenhorn".
- In Call of Duty 2, this difficulty level is named "Easy".
- In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare it will take 16 shots in a row with the RPG to kill the player in Recruit. On the Wii version, however, it could take as little as 5.
- 'Recruit' is usually shown as a soldier with non-protective headgear (No headgear in World at War, a beret in Black Ops).
|Difficulty Levels in the Call of Duty Series|
|Recruit - Regular - Hardened - Veteran|
|The Sergeant says, "This article needs more content, so stop messing around and add to it right now!"