|Appears in||Call of Duty: Ghosts|
|Level||Point of Contact|
They have a unique attack that involves charging at the player or turrets, and then attacking, causing a large amount of damage to an area. They have very high health and have armor on most of their body, except on the chest, feet and mouth.
Rhinos will begin to spawn during the second Barrier Hive if it is not destroyed within eight minutes, a Rhino will also spawn after ninety seconds at the eleventh and thirteenth Hives, as well as after two minutes and thirty seconds at the fourteenth Hive. Rhinos, as big as they are, appear to be timid at times. In Point of Contact, a single Rhino will appear around the time you make it to the cabin only to run off. Another example is when you enter the facility in Nightfall, a Rhino will tear down a wall, and once again, run away (if not shot at).
Pea Shooter (20 / Bronze Trophy ) - Kill a Rhino with only a pistol in Nightfall.
- When a Rhino spawns, eerie music will start to play and it will dig out of the ground.
- The music is not played in Nightfall, however.
- Rhinos will not spawn in the town area after the nuke is activated in solo.
- Sometimes a Rhino will be on the roof of the building in the middle of the town area after the first Barrier Hive is destroyed.
- After the second Barrier Hive is destroyed and the first Rhino that spawns up out of the ground is killed, another Rhino can be seen if the player(s) continue on towards the cabin. It will only attack if shot at or a player comes within close enough range.
- This also applies for the first Rhino.
- Strike Packages that attack the Rhino will not cause it to attack the players.
- A Rhino in Nightfall will also appear when entering the facility, and will run if not shot.
- A Hypno Knife will not work against a Rhino. It will simply stick to it.
- Rhinos are not attracted by Flares.