|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (heard only)
|Rank||U.S. Secretary of Defense|
|Affiliations||United States of America|
|Status||Alive (Original Timeline, as of "Five")|
K.I.A. (Agonia Fracture)
|Birth||June 9, 1916, San Francisco, California (Age 47 in "Five")|
|Death||November 6th, 1963, The Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia, United States (Agonia Fracture)|
|Weapon||M1911, Stakeout w/ Grip, any weapon obtained by the player in "Five".|
|Voice Actor||Robert Picardo|
He is also heard in a radio in the Zombies map Revelations, where he is sending out a distress signal. He states that he is in a janitor's closet while also stating that he fears President Kennedy, Nixon, and Castro have all been killed by the zombies during the outbreak.
- Main article: "Five"/Quotes#Robert McNamara
- Sometimes after killing a zombie, McNamara will say, "Lesson 2: Rationality will not save us"; this is a reference to the 2003 documentary "The Fog of War", in which Robert McNamara shares 11 lessons he learned during his time as Secretary of Defense under Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.
- He remarks that upon death, the Crawler Zombies emit a "Fog of War".
- He and Richard Nixon dislike each other.
- Quick Revive is his least favorite perk.
- He seems to know quite a lot about the perk machines, as an example he says "Double Tap, increases the fire rate by 30%" when buying Double Tap Root Beer.