Rooker on Makin Atoll
|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
|Rank||Private, later Sergeant|
|Affiliations||United States Marine Corps: Marine Raiders (Carlson's 2nd Marine Raiders Battalion)|
|Death||May 29, 1945|
|Weapon||Thompson, M1911 Colt .45, M1 Garand|
- "Relay the message to Major Gordon, The Artillery on the Point has been knocked out."
- — Rooker in "Relentless"
Rooker was the radioman of the Marine Raiders rescue team led by Sgt. Tom Sullivan and Cpl. Roebuck, which made a raid on Makin and saved Pvt. C. Miller. Later during the assault, the squad met a bunch of "dead" Imperial Japanese soldiers in the jungle. Sergeant Sullivan told Rooker to call another squad with his radio, in order to check if they already cleared that area.
When Rooker was going to use his radio, a signal flare rose, blinding everyone. Rooker is then stabbed by a Japanese soldier wielding a katana. However, Pvt. Livingston or even Cpl. Lozano sacrifice themselves for Rooker if they have survived up until this point. His weapon in "Semper Fi" is an M1 Thompson.
- If Pvt. Livingston survives until this point, he will die instead of Rooker. Rooker will escape on the boat with Denny.
- In the 1.6 patch it seems Rooker can die when assaulting the two machine gun posts by the beach. He is then replaced by a random Marine. The reason for this is unknown as Rooker always went with the player to the ambush site. Also, it is quite hard for him not to die during the assault. However he still shows up in "Relentless" as the radio man. Perhaps there are two Rookers or maybe Rooker was injured in Makin then promoted to Sergeant.
- Rooker may sometimes get up from being wounded by the katana, however this is very rare.
- It is possible to keep Pvt. Rooker alive and he will just sit where the machine gun nests are; keep Pvt. Livingston alive and he will be killed by the fake dead soldier and at the end Rooker will get on the boats after blowing up the bunker, meaning he isn't killed.
- If the player kills the soldier with the katana before he stabs Rooker, Rooker will lay on the ground then get shot in the head.
- It is possible if one is quick enough for another Marine to die instead of Rooker. However, if one does this glitch Rooker may just stay in one spot and never move (not even if a grenade is thrown)