Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Strike Package Reward|
Assault: 0 (Free Starter)
The SAT COM is a 3-point streak (4-point in Support) featured in Call of Duty: Ghosts. It acts similarly to the UAV from previous titles, causing enemies to show up as a dot on the radar. Unlike the UAV, the SAT COM is a deployable ground equipment rather than an aircraft. In team games, the number of friendly SAT COMs present on the map determine their combined effectiveness:
- Enemies are only shown on the minimap when they are in a friendly's line of sight.
- The minimap is sweeped to reveal enemies, like the UAV of previous games.
- The sweep will have an increased frequency, similar to previous titles when multiple UAVs were active.
- The sweep will retain its increased frequency as well as show the direction enemies are facing, like the Advanced UAV or effect of having three UAVs active simultaneously in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
In Free-For-All, the SAT COM functions similarly to the single UAV from previous games.
The SAT COM can be destroyed through shooting or knifing (players have to crouch over it because it is very small). Wiretap allows the player to access enemy SAT COMs as if they were their own.
One operation may ask you to call in assault SAT COMs. The only difference between an assault SAT COM and a support SAT COM is in which kill streak you obtain it. There are no other differences.
Uniquely on the map Whiteout, if one earns the Satellite Crash Field Order reward, the crashed satellite will act as a single SAT COM for the rest of the game. Its effects will stack with other SAT COMs present on the map throughout the game after it is called in.
- "Don't shoot too many n00blets" is written on the usage plate fixed to each of the SAT COM's flaps.