Standard: 20 rounds
Completing Pyrrhic Victory (SP)
20+120 (SP), 20+60 (MP)
20+260 (SP), 20+160 (MP)
2.69 normal, 2.75 empty
|Rate of Fire||
Semi-auto: 535 RPM
· Semi-automatic (SP Select Fire, MP Standard, Zombies)
- "Semi-automatic assault rifle. Highest damage per round in class."
- — Create-A-Class Description
The SMR, or Saritch as referred to in the game files, is a semi-automatic (fully-automatic in the campaign), bullpup assault rifle featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Unmodified, it has the highest damage per shot of all assault rifles.
The SMR is unlocked at level 46, along with the Skorpion EVO.
The SMR acts as the slower firing, semi-automatic assault rifle in Black Ops II. Unmodified, it can deal two-shot kills up close. However, it'll need three shots at a distance. However, for the playstyle of this weapon, that difference is fairly minimal. To add on to that, the SMR has a two-headshot kill at all ranges, making the time to kill extremely consistent.
Handling of it is quite poor. Its hip-fire prowess is very lacking, due to the wide spread and low rate of fire. As well, this low rate of fire proves to be a strong liability in close quarters combat, as faster-firing weapons will easily dispatch of the user. The recoil per shot is also rather high. This, combined with the lower firecap, will strongly discourage players from using their trigger fingers with this weapon. The reload time is very slow; and due to the small 20 round magazine, this causes the gun to have extremely long amounts of down time.
Many players will prefer attachments that can boost their personal handling of the weapon. For an example, using Fast Mag or Extended Mags can be extremely beneficial to many. As well, the iron sights on this weapon are not pinpoint accurate for many players. As such, opticals are often a good choice when using this weapon, as at medium ranges, not being able to see the target clearly can be an Achillie's Heel to a long range weapon.
Overall, this weapon finds a great niche at medium range, as it can kill a player in two shots up to about 35 meters, which is an extremely long distance. Using this range to your advantage will allow many players to plow through their opponents, even from a distance away.
- Reflex Sight (unlocked weapon level 2)
- Quickdraw (unlocked weapon level 3)
- Fast Mag (unlocked weapon level 4)
- ACOG Scope (unlocked weapon level 5)
- Foregrip (unlocked weapon level 6)
- Adjustable Stock (unlocked weapon level 7)
- Target Finder (unlocked weapon level 8)
- Laser Sight (unlocked weapon level 9)
- Select Fire (unlocked weapon level 10)
- EOTech Sight (unlocked weapon level 11)
- Suppressor (unlocked weapon level 12)
- FMJ (unlocked weapon level 13)
- Hybrid Optic (unlocked weapon level 14)
- Extended Clip (unlocked weapon level 15)
- Grenade Launcher (unlocked weapon level 16)
- MMS (unlocked weapon level 17)
The SMR appears in the Zombies game mode and can be acquired from the Mystery Box for 950 points and is semi-automatic. The SMR has horrible accuracy, as the bullets spread horribly even when aiming the sights. To compound this liability, it has very low damage, needing many headshots to dispatch a single zombie in the early rounds. The magazine size as small, and the reload times are beyond horrible.
When Pack-a-Punched, it becomes the SM1L3R. It has a 30-round magazine, 210 rounds in reserve, increased damage, and has a Hybrid Optic with a smiley face by default. Like all 2025 weapons, it can be Pack-a-Punched multiple times, to cycle through a target finder, an ACOG scope, and a Reflex sight. It is still semi-automatic, low damage, and suffers large recoil, as well as ammo capacity. Until round 19, three headshots are required to eliminate zombies, and accurate line-ups become more important, but the hindrance of the bullet spread is less noticeable, but precision is still bad. Because of these reasons, players usually avoid Pack-a-Punching the SMR, and usually trade the SMR off for a better weapon. It will be claimed by many that the SMR is the worst assault rifle in the Zombies game mode.
- The SM1L3R will always have a Hybrid Optic with a Smiley face (hence the name "SMILER") for both the Reflex Sight and the zoomed optics.
- Just like all other semi-automatic and burst fire weapons, the SMR is automatic by default in the campaign, unlike its multiplayer and Zombies counterpart.
- When aimed into an ACOG with the Grip attached, there is visual recoil 'bounce', but without the Grip attached, there is not.
- An "SMI" logo can be seen when reloading.
- Originally, the SMR did the second most damage at close range, second to the FAL OSW, now as of the more recent patches, the SMR does 59-49, thus, validating its in-game description.
- The SMR is one of the four weapons where the gun is shifted to the left when reloading, the others being the AN-94, QBB LSW and SVU-AS.
- The SMR has a slower than average ADS time than other assault rifles, at 0.275s with the AR default 0.25s.
- As of the second latest update, the SM1L3R is even more accurate when aimed down sight, having similar accuracy to that of the Mnesia.
- As of the latest patch, a bug has existed that when the SM1L3R is first pulled out of the Pack-A-Punch Machine, it has one magazine and 390 spare rounds. However, upon grabbing a Max Ammo power-up, the SM1L3R only fills up to one magazine and 210 spare.