Sat1 on the Space Station when the perspective changes to him.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
|Killed By||John Price (unintentionally)|
|Death||August 14th, 2016, Second Sun, Outer Space|
Sat1 was the callsign of an astronaut assigned to the International Space Station.
Sat1 was conducting extra-vehicular activities when he was contacted by NASA to observe the ICBM launched by Cpt. Price. Sat1 witnessed the missile's detonation, as well as the destruction of the ISS. Sat1 was subsequently thrown through space due to the missile's explosion before being hit by one of the ISS' solar panels.
Sat1 is one of two playable characters in "Second Sun". After the helicopter whites out Pvt. James Ramirez's line of view while holed up in the downed chopper, the view shifts to Sat1 who is instructed to look at the Eastern (dark) side of the Earth so that Houston Command can get footage of Cpt. Price's ICBM from Sat1's Helmet-Cam.
- Sat1 is the first playable character in the Call of Duty series to be in outer space.
- This is the second time in the Call of Duty series that a player controls someone who is not a combatant, the first time being Al-Fulani.
- Sat1 is the fourth playable character scripted to die.
- In an early sketch, there was an idea to be able to fight Makarov's men in the International Space Station, who had assaulted the station. This idea was scrapped before release.
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's PC files, there are some unused dialog for the scrapped mission set in the ISS. An unknown character contacts the player calling him 'Jord', Houston also refers to him as Davies.
- Sat1, along with James Ramirez, are the only playable characters in Modern Warfare 2 to not see Shepherd in person in any mission.
- Sat1's arm bears a wrist-mounted computer that has the time: 20:09 (the year Modern Warfare 2 was released), an image of the moon's position (a crescent), and a message that reads "come home soon".
- Sat1 is the first playable character to be killed by another playable character.