Satellite Crash is a Field Order reward in Call of Duty: Ghosts found in Whiteout. Once called in, a Satellite comes burning down from the sky, and crashes near the C flag spawn. Upon impact, it kills any player directly underneath it, as well as giving a flashbang effect on nearby players. The crashed satellite will function similarly to the level one SAT COM for the rest of the game, it shows enemy players on the minimap while in a friendly's line of sight. Any player that walks near it will get a jammed HUD.
After the satellite crashes down the map it functions similarly to the level one SAT COM permanently, it shows the enemy on the minimap when in a friendly's line of sight, however the effect of the satellite crash can also be enhanced by placing multiple SAT COMs on the field.
- If one SAT COM is placed on the field the minimap will sweep and reveals the enemies on the map, just like the UAV.
- If two SAT COMs are placed on the field the minimap will sweep faster, like multiple UAVs.
- If Three SAT COMs are placed on the field it will act just like the Advanced UAV, showing the enemy positions and directions on the minimap.
In Free-For-All, the Satellite Crash functions similarly to the single UAV, which sweeps the minimap for the rest of the game. This can also be enhanced by placing multiple SAT COM.
- If the player has placed one SAT COM on the field, the minimap will sweep faster, like the two SAT COMs on the field.
- If the player has placed two SAT COMs on the field, it will show the enemy positions and direction on the minimap, like the Advanced UAV.
- At the end of a match on Whiteout, if it has not been obtained, it will come down by itself. This will also cause the actual game stat summary to be slightly longer than usual.
- The Satellite itself can also kill enemies with a "headshot".