950 (Mystery Box)
|Rate of Fire||
The Scavenger can only be found in the Mystery Box in Call of the Dead. It is a very powerful weapon, being able to kill a whole group of zombies with only one shot until round 35, although it can be dangerous to the player when used recklessly. Ammo is also limited with only 18 shots in total (36 when Pack-a-Punched), and only Max Ammo can replenish it. The explosive rounds take two seconds to prime and have a splash radius of seven to ten meters. The explosion can hurt the player as well; being in the radius without Juggernog will instantly down the player, and with it a shellshock will occur. PhD Flopper will completely negate the damage done, making it a very recommended perk to have with sustained usage of the weapon.
Scavenger vs. Hyena Infra-deadEdit
|Damage||5660 (explosion)||11320 (explosion)|
|Rate of fire||~60||~60|
|Extras||More reserve ammo, larger magazine, Infrared scope, Variable Zoom.|
- The Scavenger is one of the two weapons in the Call Of Duty series' that fires explosive rounds, with the other being the PTRS-41 in Call of Duty, but was a stationary anti-Tank weapon.
- The appearance of the rounds of the Scavenger are distinctly similar to those of rifle grenades.
- The Hyena Infra-Dead is the only weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops to have two types of scopes at the same time, being the Infrared Scope and Variable Zoom.
- The Hyena Infra-Dead's scope uses a chevron-shaped reticule, similar to the Dragunov.
- Explosions from the Scavenger's rounds are yellow-orange, whilst explosions from its Pack-a-Punched variant are bright purple.
- Infra-Dead is a play on the word Infrared, referring to its Infrared Scope when upgraded.
- When upgraded, any zombies killed with it will turn into red mist, as a direct quote from the character Tank Dempsey, who said; "Ha! this'll turn 'em into a red mist!" whenever he picked up a gun with a fire rate greater that than of the weapon he was already holding. Namely, this particular piece of dialogue was always spoken when Dempsey picked up the PPSh-41, as it has the highest fire rate out of all weapons in Call of Duty: World at War.
- It has the same pickup icon as the Crossbow, as players normally shouldn't be able to pick it up.
- The Scavenger is one of the only two weapons that can be reloaded while aiming down sight, the other being the Crossbow in campaign.
- The Scavenger and the L96A1 share the same third person firing sound.
- The Scavenger shares the same reload animation with the Intervention from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- When the Scavenger is fired, it will make the player move back a few inches, similar to the Ray Gun.
- This weapon is a favorite of Michael Rooker.
- '79748' is seen etched under the scope, with some of the numbers faded. The numbers are also present when Pack-a-Punched, but are much more difficult to see.
- STU Optics can be seen written on the side of the Scavenger's scope.
- The Scavenger is the only sniper rifle Wonder Weapon.
- It has the exact same amount of ammo as the Wunderwaffe DG-2.
- The Scavenger seems to have a suppressor attached to it. However, it has no in-game effect on the weapon.
- The Hyena Infra-Dead's explosion sound effect is the same as the Subsurface Resonator