|Game||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Character||Chloe Lynch (optional)|
|Team||JSOC Strike Force|
|Place||Socotra Island, Yemen|
|Date||June 14, 2025|
|Objective||Main Objective: RESCUE KARMA|
• Search targeted safehouses for the HVI
|Enemies||Cordis Die, Militia|
- "RESCUE the Celerium scientist held captive by Yemeni terrorists."
- — Mission description
"Second Chance" is the fourth Strike Force mission in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. This mission is only available should the player fail to save Chloe Lynch during the events of "Karma", and is only available before the player starts "Suffer with Me".
Chloe Lynch (playable)
The player will have to search through 5 safehouses to find where Chloe is being held by the enemies. Chloe will most likely be in the last safehouse the player searches (She may be in the 3rd or 4th safehouse if the player is lucky). Once Chloe is found, the player has to escort her back from wherever she was held to the Strike Force team's insertion point to be extracted. The player can also opt to take control of Chloe, who can pick up weapons from dead enemies.
Once the player reaches the extraction point, a cutscene shows Chloe and the rest of the Strike Force team jumping onto the transport extraction, and the mission is completed.
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x10) as HVI
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x10) as VTOL turret gunner
- Melee enemy personnel (x10)
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x15) with headshots
- Destroy enemy quad drones (x4)
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x15) with explosives
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x5) by exploding vehicles
- Extract the HVI in less than 60 seconds
- Find the HVI in less than 90 seconds
- Complete the mission in "tactical view" only
- The mission is named Second Chance since the player is given an extra opportunity to rescue Chloe.
- In the event Chloe is saved during Karma, this mission will still appear in the mission list when choosing "Replay Mission". However, if the player replays this mission after finishing the game, they will not unlock Flecktarn Camouflage.
- This is the only Strike Force mission where the enemy does not include the SDC.
- During the briefing cutscene, Chloe is never referred to by name. Furthermore, Section and Briggs constantly refer to Chloe as "he".
- If Chloe dies or the time in this mission ends, a cutscene will show that the J-SOC operatives are leaving but one of them is killed by an enemy plane before entering the friendly VTOL.
- If the player chooses to change view from ground soldier to a VTOL gunner, it is possible to see that the VTOL can be controlled. By pressing the movement buttons, one can move VTOL for a better view over a map. However, only direction can be controlled, not the height.
- Originally, the enemies in this mission were Mercs, not the Militia that appear in the final version.
- In this mission, Chloe's grenade loadout is randomized. Therefore it's possible for her to have XM31 Grenades. Oddly however, when the player shoots one, there is no launcher, therefore, she just fires one from her arm.
- When choosing to play as Chloe. She has an M1911 .This is the only mission in the 2025-era when a 80s gun can be used without customizing the loadout. This is most likely because the stock (or standard) gun to be given to the player seems to be an M1911. Similar to how in Zombies, the player is always given an M1911 at the start of a game.
- At the end of the mission, when everyone is jumping into the VTOL with Chloe, the one that rescued her is jumping on second to last (as seen on his weapon, if survived).
- This is the only mission that might not be playable outside of the "replay mission" function (if DeFalco is killed in "Karma").
- The soldier that rescues Chloe can possibly have three pistols in his possession: the KAP-40 the player starts with, the M1911 he gives to Chloe, and a holstered M9.
- This is the only Strike Force mission where the player can control a main character instead of SEAL's or Drones like normal missions.
- Take note that once Chloe is located, the player cannot control the VTOL anymore ( as the button for the VTOL will be subsituted by Chloe).
Blind Date (25 / Bronze Trophy ) - Successfully rescue HVI.
- Main article: Second Chance (Strike Force)/Transcript