Call of Duty: ZombiesEdit
The Shovel is a special melee weapon obtained after unlocking all of the huts in the iOS version of Shi No Numa. It is part of the Peter's Grave easter egg. Doing the easter egg grants the Wunderwaffe DG-2 to the player. The Shovel does slightly less damage than the Bowie Knife to regular Zombies but is more powerful on Crawlers and Hellhounds than the Bowie Knife.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
The Shovel makes a brief appearance in campaign. At the beginning of the level Pyrrhic Victory, Alex Mason is shown trying to rescue an Angolan ally from a burning buffel. After being unable to break the glass by kicking it, he picks up a shovel to try and smash the glass, but still is unable to save the militiaman. The shovel is otherwise unusable in the campaign.
The Shovel appears as a utility in the Zombies map Origins. It allows the player to dig a pile of dirt and bones when near it by pressing the use button, yielding a random result, such as a random weapon, powerup, or even a zombie. A total of four shovels are found throughout the game. Two of the shovels are found in the starting room, both of which lean against the wall. The first shovel is located near the radio where players first spawn near it, and the second is lying in a small corridor in between a barrier location and a purchaseable door that leads to Generator Station 3. The remaining two shovels can be found at any two of these three locations.
- Lying in the church, at the rear of the tank near the tank's treads.
- In the tunnel leading to the wind tunnel, next to Generator Station 4.
- In the tunnel leading to the lightning tunnel, next to Generator Station 5.
The objects which shovels can dig up include:
- Remington 870 MCS
- A zombie
- Mauser C96
- A live Frag grenade
- Two live frag grenades
- DSR 50
- A Staff of Ice part (when snowing)
- Zombie Blood
- Blood Money
- Max Ammo (Rare)
- Double Points (Rare)
- Fire Sale (Rare)
- Insta Kill (Rare)
- Nuke (Rare)
- Ray Gun (Rare, requires Golden Shovel)
- KSG (requires Golden Shovel)
- AK74u (requires Golden Shovel)
- Golden Helmet (requires Golden Shovel)
- STG-44 (requires Golden Shovel)
- MP-40 (requires Golden Shovel)
- Claymore(s) (requires Golden Shovel)
- Ray Gun Mark II (Rare, requires Vengeance map pack, Golden Shovel, and has to be dug up from a dig spot during Zombie Blood)
- Empty Perk Bottle (requires Golden Shovel and has to be dug up from a glowing red/orange dig spot during Zombie Blood)
The Golden Shovel is an upgraded variant to the shovel. It allows the player(s) to dig up better and exclusive items from dig spots, such as powerful weapons, empty perk bottles and a golden helmet that protects the player from being downed by the Giant Robots' feet. In addition, there is a rarer chance to get a bad result, such as live grenades or a zombie, when digging a pile using the Golden Shovel, though they still have a chance to occur. It can be obtained by digging 30 spots in a game.
Call of Duty: Advanced WarfareEdit
- The player will never lose the Shovel in Call of Duty: Zombies, similar to the Bowie Knife in Call of Duty: World at War.
- The shovel takes up the same inventory slot as the Navcards.
- The grenade that pops up when digging up a pile in Origins is the grenade model from Black Ops, though the indicator for it is still the Black Ops II version.
- If the grenade(s) that were dug up damages/kills any zombies that are around it, then whoever dug up the pile will be awarded the points for damaging/killing the zombies with the grenade(s).
- Zombies spawned by digging up a pile using the shovel do not count towards the round total or for souls when filling up the boxes for the One Inch Punch.