It is statistically identical to Bowie Knife and only differs by aesthetics. Like the Bowie Knife, it costs 3000 points and replaces the player's knife upon purchase. It deals 1000 damage instead of the 150 a regular knife deals, meaning it kills in one melee attack up to and including round 9. Combining it with a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife will increase the damage to 1500 in addition to making melee attacks faster, leading to one-hit-kills up to and including round 13. If the player dies and respawns, the Sickle must be bought again.
The Sickle is an ideal purchase for players who like to stack up many points early on, although its purchase points are relatively far away (and having more doors to open in between), leading many to instead stick to a wall weapon in an area closer to spawn.
- Ascension - Off a chalkboard next to the landing pad, for Lunar Lander B (Б), near Speed Cola.
- Call of the Dead - Across from the Speed Cola after the ice slide.
- When added with the Ballistic Knife, the sickle's inside hook part is held towards the player.
- When bought, it replenishes the Ballistic Knife's ammo.
- The picture shown for the First Strike cover art shows Dempsey with the sickle in his hand.
- The NVA character model when using Scavenger has an unusable sickle attached to the player's belt.
- There are three teddy bears holding sickles on Ascension which, when activated, cause the song "Abracadavre" to play.
- The sickle has a custom animation with the Ballistic Knife and The Krauss Refibrillator. The player will stab the zombie in the head with the Ballistic Knife, then cut off its head with the Sickle. This only happens when the knife hit would have killed the zombie, it would have been a stab, and it lands on the head.
- When viewed in third-person (with Ballistic Knife) the sickle is held backwards, and the player slashes with the rounded end of the blade rather than the hook part that is seen in first-person.
- When lunging with the sickle the character will appear to embed it in the zombie, pull it out, and twirl it around.
- On the Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies, the Sickle replaces the knife icon at the bottom of the screen. It also makes a new sound.