|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Ghosts
|Found in||"Cliffhanger" |
"Time Trial" (Spec Ops)
"Race" (Spec Ops)
"Down the Rabbit Hole"
"Black Ice" (Spec Ops)
|Used by||Task Force 141 |
The Snowmobile is a controllable vehicle in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It makes an appearance in Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer map Downhill and in Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer map Whiteout.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
The Snowmobile only appears in the mission "Cliffhanger". The G18 can be fired with the left hand while driving one. John "Soap" MacTavish and Gary "Roach" Sanderson use the vehicles to escape Ultranationalist infantry, snowmobiles and helicopters in the mission "Cliffhanger" after being compromised as plan B.
Snowmobiles appear in the Special Ops missions "Time Trial" and "Race". In these missions, the player can get a 'Quick Start!' which allows them to start slightly earlier than normal and gives the Snowmobile a short burst of speed.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
The Snowmobile makes an appearance in the campaign mission "Down the Rabbit Hole". Unlike Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, it is not controllable. It is only seen when the Ultranationalists attack in the mine's exterior, bringing in reinforcements for defense.
In the Collection 1 content collection, the Snowmobile appears in the Special Ops mission "Black Ice" where one player drives the Snowmobile and the second player shoots from behind with Akimbo FMG9s and an ACR 6.8.
Call of Duty: GhostsEdit
The Snowmobile appears in the multiplayer map Whiteout and in the mission "Clockwork".
- GameStop gave away a custom black snowmobile (the same one used in the game) as part of their pre-order promotion for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- On the sides of the snowmobiles that Soap and the player commandeer, there is a Ukrainian Tryzub painted on the side.
- The snowmobile only appears in "Cliffhanger" in single-player, but appears in "Race" and "Time Trial" in Special Ops. It is absent from multiplayer. The player can also see a snowmobile in the "Museum" mission, though it cannot be used.
- A non-drivable snowmobile can be seen on the multiplayer map Estate in a garage.
- There is an Intel laptop during the "Cliffhanger" course that must be run over by the player to obtain it.
- It is possible to see a moving snowmobile without a driver in the level "Cliffhanger".
- When riding a snowmobile, the G18 fires considerably slower than it does when fired normally.
- Driving into trees when coming down the very last hill will kill the player, even if they use cheats.