S.O.P.H.I.A. in Gorod Krovi
|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War (mentioned only)|
Call of Duty: Black Ops (mentioned only)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
|Rank||Ludvig Maxis' assistant|
|Affiliations||The Giant Project, Group 935|
|Status||Unknown (Original timeline)|
K.I.A. sacrificed herself (Origins Timeline)
|Level||Der Riese (mentioned only) |
Kino der Toten (mentioned only)
Moon (mentioned only)
Zetsubou No Shima (mentioned only)
Gorod Krovi (Robot)
Revelations (Robot/Heard in Radios)
- "I am Strategic Operations Planning Heuristic Intelligence Analyzer. S.O.P.H.I.A."
- — S.O.P.H.I.A. in Gorod Krovi.
Sophia was Doctor Maxis's personal assistant, and was tasked with delivering a letter to the Reichstag High Command sometime before the events of Der Riese.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it is revealed that she is attracted to Dr. Maxis and that he has started to view her as a distraction because he is attracted to her too. It is also revealed that she created the Monkey Bomb with an actual monkey as the test subject.
In Revelations it is revealed that Sophia was attacked by subject 2-6 and possibly infected. In a radio it is also revealed that she was presumably killed or poisoned by Dr. Maxis. After the death of subject 2-6 Sophia was called for by Dr. Maxis for questioning. Maxis sits her down and insists she drink her tea, Maxis asks her to show him her arm however Sophia refuses. Maxis calms her down and tells Sophia that he would never hurt her. Suddenly Sophia begins to cough and drops her cup where she can be heard falling to the ground and moaning in pain. Maxis reassures Sophia that everything he is about to do is for her own good.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops III, she is mentioned in a cipher that reads "SOPHIA- Cyclic reduncy check = FAIL".
Though she sounds like a human being in her directive logs in Gorod Krovi, it is revealed that she is, in fact, an artificial intelligence called itself S.O.P.H.I.A. (standing for Strategic Operations Planning Heuristic Intelligence Analyzer).
The characters are instructed by S.O.P.H.I.A. to perform various tasks to initiate Ascension Protocol so they can in return receive a power core to repair Nikolai's mech suit. These tasks include retrieving Gersh for her to extract information from him, escorting a malfuctioning Russian Mangler and Valkyrie Drone for her to analyze, retrieving information from a fallen Groph module, terminating a self destruct sequence, and downloading information on interdimensional travel.
Once the tasks are finished and Ascension protocol is complete S.O.P.H.I.A dislodges from her normal position and departs the map in search of Maxis. Her fate is left unknown.
Sophia is heard in a few audio recordings on the map, Revelations, one of which discusses a failed attempt by Maxis to pacify zombies. It is also revealed in this audio recording that Sophia was attacked by the zombified subject 2-6 and presumably infected.
- "After weeks of failure and frustration, Dr. Maxis finally achieved the breakthrough he had been searching for. The results were immediate and startling. In the case of subject two-six, his instances of violent outbursts were nonexistent. His docility appeared.. permanent. Unfortunately, while we prepared to implement the treatment on the other subjects, there was.. incident. During his field tests this morning, subject two-six attacked a handler. Two-six and the handler were both destroyed. Maxis believed subject two-six only attacked the handler. He does not know I was attacked as well. I have observed a developing pattern of high fevers and cold sweats. My thoughts are erratic. My relationship with Ludvig is complicated. I fear I cannot keep this secret from him for long..."
- — Sophia's audio log in Revelations.
In another radio, it is discovered that Maxis had become aware of what Sophia was hiding and eventually managed to knock her out. In order to save her life, Maxis was forced to convert Sophia into the Strategic Operations Planning Heuristic Intelligence Analyzer, or S.O.P.H.I.A for short.
- She is seemingly disliked by Samantha, as she remarks "First I'll find Teddy, then Sophia" when acquiring the L96A1 from the Mystery Box.