The Sparrow is a specialist weapon introduced in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and later added to Call of Duty Online. It is a compound bow that fires explosive bolts which increase in force the longer the arrow is drawn.
Call of Duty OnlineEdit
|Magazine Size||1 bolts|
The Sparrow appears in Call of Duty Online.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIEdit
|Damage||125-50 explosion (199 direct impact)|
|Weapon Class||Specialist Weapon|
|Magazine Size||10 bolts|
|Rate of Fire||146 RPM|
|Used by||Alessandra "Outrider" Castillo|
Danny "Blackjack" Li
- "Requiring augmented strength to draw, this advanced composite compound bow unleashes devastating explosive arrows that decimate hostile forces."
- — In-game description.
The Sparrow is exclusive to Outrider and Blackjack. Compared to other bow weapons from previous installments, the Sparrow has an extremely fast fire rate and projectile speed, and low drop. Arrows will kill upon impact, no matter the draw strength. Stronger draws will force the victim back, potentially striking multiple enemies before the arrow explodes.
Killing two enemies with the sparrow in quick succession awards the "Bowhunter" medal. Killing three will award the "Predator" medal.
- Enemies are killed on contact by arrows, then shortly explode after.
- Arrows can be lobbed over walls as artillery by quickly tapping the trigger.
- The explosive radius of an arrow is small but lethal.
- Arrows arc when released early, but fly straight when fully drawn.