|Special Ops Chaos|
- "A whole new way to play Call of Duty, Special Ops Chaos mode delivers the ultimate in arcade mayhem."
- — Call of Duty: ELITE
Special Ops Chaos is a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Special Ops game mode that was made available to Xbox 360 Call of Duty: ELITE Premium members on August 7th, 2012, but then released in the Chaos Pack released on August 8th for 1200 Microsoft Points and was released for PS3 players in September.
Hordes of enemies constantly attack the player while they acquire points by way of killing anything hostile. These points are used to acquire perks and increase their combo multiplier. Two new perks are introduced in this game mode, which are Juiced and Fast Health Regen.
The player starts out with a handgun, three Self Revives, 500 Body Armor, two flashbangs, four frag grenades, five claymores, five C4s, no perks, and two minutes on the clock with the objective of getting the highest score possible. To give the player a level playing field with the endless hordes of hostiles, weapons are scattered around each map, useful perks are given whenever a certain combo is reached and care packages are dropped at random times to aid the player and increase their multiplier by two and are instantly used when collected (with the exception of the Combo Freezer).
Killed enemies drop floating dog tags which can then be picked up by walking over them. These are used to increase the combo multiplier, indicated by a green bar in the center of the screen which constantly decreases. The combo bar keeps the game going even after the set amount of two minutes have elapsed. If the green bar completely depletes within the two minutes the player is given, all perks are lost, and the multiplier will be set back to zero but the game continues.
There are multiple ways for the game to end:
- Getting killed and having no more self-revives
- Time runs out first, then losing your combo (green bar depleted)
- Having no combo, then time running out
Every tenth multiplier grants a new perk.
- Sleight of Hand is granted at a multiplier of 10.
- Quickdraw is granted at a multiplier of 20.
- Extreme Conditioning is granted at a multiplier of 30.
- Stalker is granted at a multiplier of 40.
- Steady Aim is granted at a multiplier of 50.
- Fast Health Regen is granted at a multiplier of 60.
- Juiced is granted at a multiplier of 70.
Care Package ContentsEdit
- Bonus points (5,000 and 10,000)
- Sentry Guns
- Combo Freezer, which prevent the combo meter from decreasing for a few seconds and can be used at any time.
- Extra time (Adds 60 seconds to the timer)
- Extra Self Revive
- The dog tags that Juggernauts drop are red, unlike normal enemies dogs tags, which are yellow. Picking up a Juggernaut dog tag will give the player extra armor.
- Every weapon picked up has a large Extended Mag, including the starting pistol. Some weapons will have additional attachments equipped, such as a Grenade Launcher or Red Dot Sight.
- This is the first game mode in Call of Duty history to be made available in a DLC pack, the second being Turned, from Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- This game mode serves as a successor to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's Arcade Mode.