- ""Manage your health and inventory in order to survive. Only Elite Specialist accept this challenge.""
- — In game description
Specialist is a difficulty introduced in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It is the second highest difficulty in the game. It is unlocked after completing the game on any difficulty. Completion of this difficulty unlocks the difficulty #YOLO.
The player can only heal themselves with Nano Shots; there is no health regeneration in this mode. Helmets are their only protection from headshots; they will take permanent damage and will need to be replaced. Both Nano Shots and helmets take up equipment slots.
If the player gets shot in the legs, it will impact their movement. If they get shot in either arm, it will impact their ability to use equipment or aim down the sights, and weapons can be shot out of the player's hands.
The player does not reload automatically when a magazine is emptied; they always need to press the reload button manually.
If the player dies too many times at a particular point of the game, humorous messages written by the developers might appear on the screen. These messages are meant to calm the player down and entertain them in case they get too angry while playing:
- "Don't worry, we die a lot in this mode too."
- "Just imagine how happy you'll be once you succeed."
One message informs the players about the player who holds the record for the fastest completion of this mode:
- "Salen Kotch holds the record for fastest Specialist Mode completion."
- "Be patient. Remember, no rushin'."