Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
The Specialist Strike Package is special in that instead of equipment and air support, players are rewarded with additional perks upon completing the required Strike Chain. Extra perks are obtained after getting two, four, and six points in a row without dying (this is one kill, three kills and five kills with Hardline). If a player achieves eight point streaks (7 with Hardline), they are rewarded with every perk except for Overkill, an additional "Specialist Bonus" in the form of experience, and all Weapon Proficiencies except for Damage, Breath, Impact, and Attachments (Breath and Impact are awarded on the Wii version), regardless of whether the weapon actually allows the Proficiency (for example, one can get Range, Melee, and Speed for an Assault Rifle). These also apply to the player's secondary, and any weapon that picked up (normally, weapons picked up will have no proficiency). Pro perks are only awarded if they have been unlocked. Once the player dies, they lose any of the extra perks/proficiencies and must start the strike chain over, much like the Assault strike package. The player may choose what perks will be gained in the Create-A-Class menu.
Due to an update, players can only select 1 perk per tier, however it does not overly matter if you get the bonus.
The Specialist Package is a popular choice among players who are trying to obtain the M.O.A.B. due to extra perks and Hardline Pro making the M.O.A.B. require 24 (or less) kills instead of 25 (every 2 assists also count as a kill), as Assault and Support Strike Chain kills do not count towards the M.O.A.B.. Infected is also the easiest mode to get the Specialist Bonus, as Infected players are required to get close to the Survivors in order to knife them, while the Survivors can simply keep their distance as they gun down the Infect (but one must watch out for occasional/rogue Throwing Knifes that may get them despite being in a difficult-to-reach camping spot in order to keep up the Bonus).
Call of Duty: GhostsEdit
The Specialist Strike Package is one of three Strike Chains that has returned to Call of Duty: Ghosts from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Players receive an extra perk based on kills that are equal to the amount of the perk's point value +1 (In order to get a perk worth 3 points for example, the player needs to get a 4 pointstreak). After getting the third build-up perk, an additional two points are required to receive the OMA specialist bonus which consists of 8 points worth of perks of the player's choosing.
- Overkill cannot be selected, nor is it awarded from the Specalist bonus. This is because it would have absolutely no effect and would be a waste if selected.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
- 150 extra XP is earned when the first perk is earned, 250 when the second is earned, 300 when the third is earned, and 400 when all perks are obtained.
- The icon that appears when the Specialist bonus is achieved resembles the icon of the One Man Army Pro perk from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, with the color yellow.
- The name of the challenge to gain the Specialist Bonus a number of times refers also to One Man Army, being titled "OMA".
- The Pro effect of Scavenger (giving extra mags upon spawning) is negated when awarded, regardless if it selected or achieved in the Specalist bonus, even if the player survives until the next round (say in S&D).