Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Whoo, faster reloads are well worth the money spent!"
- — Robert McNamara
- "Living the fast life. That's the way I roll!"
- — Tank Dempsey
Speed Cola is a Perk-a-Cola featured in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III in the Zombies game mode and in Call of Duty Online's Cyborg Rising mode. Speed Cola is similar to the multiplayer perk Sleight of Hand, mirroring its effect of decreasing the time it takes to reload by 50%. Additionally, it will greatly increase the rate at which barriers are rebuilt. (barrier rebuild speed is not affected by the Call of Duty: Black Ops II variant of this perk). On the map Moon, it also speeds up the hacking speed for the Hacker.
Speed Cola costs 3000 points, making it the third most expensive Perk-a-Cola (along with Vulture Aid), behind Mule Kick and Widow's Wine. Its effect is most useful and noticeable on weapons with slow reload times, such as light machine guns, shotguns, and some wonder weapons, but due to its high cost, it is ill-advised to purchase without Juggernog unless in dire need. The vending machine from which Speed Cola is purchased has a green and white color scheme. The color for this perk is green, and the icon is a hand holding a weapon magazine, similar to the Sleight of Hand perk. Speed Cola appears in every Zombies map excluding Nacht der Untoten, Bus Depot (Survival Mode) and Dead Ops Arcade and Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber's Avengening
- Verrückt - In the room between the right balcony and the kitchen.
- Shi No Numa - Will spawn randomly in one of the four huts.
- Der Riese - In the second courtyard, where the FG42 can be purchased.
- Kino der Toten - In the foyer, close to the MP40.
- Five - Next to the starting room, near the elevator.
- Ascension - Near the Lunar Lander closest to the rocket and the Pack-a-Punch Machine; located near the top of the stairs where the M16 and the Sickle are. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by finishing a Space Monkey round without having a perk machine attacked.
- Call of the Dead - Behind the lighthouse, at the end of the Ice Slide. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing George A. Romero.
- Shangri-La - Near the wooden bridge and the Mud-Pit Maze, or near to the MPL (changes the spawn place with Juggernog). Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing a Zombie Monkey as it cycles the power-up it stole.
- Moon - In Area 51. Changes places with Juggernog every time the player returns to Area 51. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by either repeatedly jumping on the bounce pads or spawning it with a QED.
- Green Run Locations:
- Nuketown Locations:
- Nuketown Zombies - Spawn randomly along with the other perks.
- Great Leap Forward Locations:
- Die Rise - Spawns randomly in one of the two elevator shafts either down the hall from the initial spawn, or in the room two stories below where the Trample Steam is constructed, accessed by removing a couch obstacle. It shares these positions between games with Who's Who. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by finishing a Jumping Jack round with 100% accuracy.
- Alcatraz Locations:
- Resolution 1295 Locations:
- Excavation Site 64 Locations:
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Edit
- Shadows of Evil - Spawned randomly at one of the three perk spawn locations. it shares position with Juggernog and Double Tap.
- The Giant - Spawned randomly at any of the Perk-a-Cola machine locations, aside from the hidden machine.
- Der Eisendrache - Inside the church, to the left right beside a staircase.
- Zetsubou No Shima - Switches between the entrance to Lab A, Next to the spider boss entrance and Lab B (Next to the wall-buy for the ICR-1) with Double Tap.
- Gorod Krovi - In the balcony of the Supply Depot building.
- Revelations - In Verruckt in the room stright forward from the corruption engine
The Speed Cola machine is large, with a green and white paint job. On the front of the machine, the quote "Drink Speed Cola" and "Ice Cold" is seen on it. Under the quote, there is a coin slot. To the right are 6 compartments for holding bottles, but the machine itself only holds 3 bottles in the bottom 3 compartments. This doesn't change if a player buys this perk. On the top of the machine is a circular sign, with the Speed Cola icon.
The version in Call of Duty Online looks different, with a more modern soda machine design. It is white on the sides and green on the front. It doesn't have the circle on top with the Speed Cola logo on it. On the front there are two white lines twisting around each other. The lettering on the machine is in white instead of red and is sideways. It also features different colored buttons that someone would press to despense different types of drinks.
After an update to Call of Duty Online, the machine now looks completely different. It looks somewhat alien-like, sporting four green tubes on its sides and a grey finish. Also, its icon is now purple instead of green, and the icon is sideways so it looks like a diamond.
- Richtofen and Takeo show a particular fondness for this perk as they constantly praise its taste.
- The bottles the machine dispenses say Sleight of Hand Soda instead of Speed Cola.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops II the labels on the speed cola bottles read "Speed Cola Soda" instead of "Sleight of Hand Soda."
Call of Duty: World at WarEdit
- In Call of Duty: World at War, when drinking Speed Cola, the hand is misaligned to the right when the icon appears on the HUD (confirmed on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
- In Shangri-La, Nikolai comments that the perk is "spicy".
- In Call of the Dead, the machine appears to be floating in the water as it is not touching the ground.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
- Richtofen remarks in Green Run that he misses Speed Cola, as evidenced when Samuel approaches the machine with the power on.
- According to Russman in Green Run, Speed Cola has the ability to cure arthritis.
- In Origins, it is said that Speed Cola is sweet as evidenced in some of Dempsey's quotes.
- On Origins, Richtofen makes a comment regarding Speed Cola's perk jingle, despite the fact that no perk jingles are played on Origins.
- Speed Cola, along with Juggernog, Quick Revive, Double Tap Root Beer, Stamin-Up, and Mule Kick, has had its icon that appears in the HUD slightly altered between the release of Die Rise and Mob of the Dead. The background is slightly darker now.