Sticks and Stones is a Wager game mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops and a Party game mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Sticks and Stones consists of 6 players competing in a Free-For-All style game. Everyone's loadout consists a Crossbow, Ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk/Combat Axe. Like a Free-For-All game, points are earned from kills, and the match ends when the time runs out. However, if a player manages to kill another with a Tomahawk/Combat Axe, they will "bankrupt" the target. Also, if a player commits suicide with Crossbow, they humiliate themselves and get "bankrupted". If a player is "bankrupted", they lose all points earned so far in the match; they will have to start over from zero points. To win, a player must reach one of the three highest scores once the time limit is reached.
- Crossbow w/ Explosive Tip: 100/10 points
- Ballistic Knife shot: 100/10 points
- Knife/Ballistic Knife melee: 25/5 points
- Tomahawk/Combat Axe: 10/5 points (and bankrupts player killed with)
- Car Explosion: 100/10 points
- Direct impact: 100/10 points
- Sticks and Stones is also the name of a Death Card cheat from Call of Duty: World at War.
- Tomahawk and Melee kills are worth the least amount of points.
- There are constant radar sweeps in this gamemode, except at the start of a game.
- This is the only Wager Match where the player can have a primary and secondary weapon.
- This is the only Wager Match to only feature two secondary weapons to use in the game.
- In Black Ops the radar shows the person coming in first place as a gold dot.
- Any form of suicide, such as falling from the map, results in humiliation. This includes death by the player's own crossbow.
- On the Wii version of this game, players do not bankrupt themselves if they are within the blast radius of a crossbow bolt fired from their own crossbow.