150 (when not charged)
30 + 270 (SP)
30 + 600 (SP)
|Rate of Fire||
535 RPM max
Low (when not charged)
Semi-automatic, 2-5 round charges
- "See enemies through walls, hold the trigger to queue bullets and release extreme material penetration."
- — Create-A-Class description.
The Storm PSR (Piercing Shot Rifle) is a Sniper Rifle (classified under Special) that appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It appears in the campaign outfitted with an X-Ray Scope that allows the player to see through objects to see enemies.
As an added feature to take advantage of the scope, the shots can be charged, making the bullets pass through any material between the shooter and the intended victim. However, these shots consume more ammo per charge (the maximum being five). The gun has a break-action 30-round magazine, and appears to have no idle sway and minimal moving sway.
One other very useful aspect is that the sniper rifle has very small hipfire spread, allowing players to actually "run and gun" with this weapon due the semi-automatic and one-hit-kill aspect of this weapon. Red and green lights exist to notify the user of what can be shot through and what cannot be shot through, depending on how much charge the shot contains. The weapon has no attachments or weapon camouflages available.
This weapon is easily one of the best weapons to always take with the player once it's unlocked. The scope allows the players to clearly see any enemy with no regards for cover, and allows players to take charged shots at enemies that otherwise would be very difficult to kill. The high, and chargeable, damage also lets players easily engage armored units (CLAWs or ASDs) without fear. The weapon can be charged while not in scope, allowing for a more precise strike. Perhaps the most devasting aspect of this weapon is the combination of its 30-round magazine, semi-automatic nature, one-hit-kill capability and small hipfire spread. This means that players can literally speed-run levels by just hipfiring their way through crowds of enemies, as all is required for a kill is one bullet to hit an enemy.
- The side of the weapon has "Metal Storm Multishot Rifle" written on it, indicating that the weapon is based off the Metal Storm weapon system.
- The Storm PSR will trigger a one second slow motion scene if a fully-charged shot hits an enemy in the head.
- The scope does not fill the entire screen as the other sniper scopes do.
- The Storm PSR is only used by Section and Harper (if alive).
- The Storm PSR has the same front foregrip as the Peacekeeper.
- Crouching or going to prone will cancel a charged shot.
- The weapon is so powerful that it takes three fully-charged shots to take down a CLAW, one fully-charged shot for an enemy A.G.R., and two bullets, for a MQ-27 Dragonfire.
- The level of charge can be seen to the right of the scope, and is visible while aiming down the scope as well as when in hipfire position.
- The bullet hole and any other graphics (cracks, bumps, ect) enlarge with each level of charge.
- In Time and Fate, it's possible to kill Raul Menendez. First, the player should equip the Storm PSR. When Menendez arrives at the barn in the mission, use the Storm PSR to look for Menendez and kill him. However, this doesn't change the game, as Menendez is seen in the house later in the mission.