Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
The Strafe Run is used in the form of a Huey, in the 5th campaign level of Black Ops, "The Defector". It is used to support the SOG in the streets, taking down the opposing NVA. Unlike Modern Warfare 3, it is only used once in the entire game, but it can be used countless times during a certain part of the level.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Strike Package Reward|
The Strafe Run is a 9-pointstreak in the Assault Strike Chain. Once obtained, this reward allows the player to call in five AH-64 Apaches on a designated area of the map. The helicopters will sweep over that area of the map twice over a period of 60 seconds from opposite sides before exiting.
The Strafe Run can be used to devastate enemy forces during objective games and on maps that lack cover. The combined firepower of 5 helicopters means that few opponents will withstand such aerial hellfire; and the choppers cover the map two times, from opposite sides, thus enemies lacking Blind Eye will be affected. Players with said perk will get killed as well if they cluster together to teammates without it.
The Strafe Run can be targeted easily by SAM Turrets; they do not possess any flares, and players can destroy each helicopter with a single rocket from a launcher. The Javelin and Stinger can even take multiple helicopters down at once. Each helicopter destroyed adds a point towards a Strike Chain, therefore up to five points can be earned. As a tip, use the Stinger on one of the two helicopters next to the middle one to take out three at once on on side, then use the other missile to finish the last two together.
Furthermore, the Strafe Run will only target enemies in front of it; if line of sight is blocked by an obstacle, they will pass over without firing upon the player.
The best way to take out a Strafe Run is by detonating an EMP.
- Shooting one helicopter will usually result in the helicopters adjacent to them being destroyed as well, allowing one to get multiple pointstreaks at once.
- All teams use the AH-64 Apache for the Strafe Run, even if opposing factions like the Spetsnaz should be using the Mi-28.
- The strafe run initially featured three helicopters but this was increased to five during development as three was found to be underpowered. The icon still displays three helicopters.
- Strafe run choppers use a recycled model from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It can be found via the mod tools.
- The Strafe Runs guns do not go all in a 360 degree angle, but the Attack Helicopters does, despite the Killstreak description saying that they are Attack Helicopters.
- The Strafe Runs AH-64 Apache when destroyed, has the parts of a Little Bird's wreckage despite it being a different helicopter model.