The Stun Grenade is a Special Grenade in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty Online, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. When it explodes, it temporarily blinds anyone in its blast radius, slows victims down dramatically, and deals a small amount of damage to the enemy.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare & Modern Warfare RemasteredEdit
|Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
|Direct Impact Damage||
1 second after hitting the ground
- "Device that disorients the target when detonated."
- — Special Grenade description
The stun grenade is one of three available special grenades. One is normally given, but the player's inventory of special grenades can be increased to three if the perk Special Grenades x3 is used.
Gallery (Modern Warfare)Edit
Gallery (Modern Warfare Remastered)Edit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
1 (40 for direct impact)
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, two stun grenades are now given instead of one. Wearing a Blast Shield negates the slowing and blinding effect of stun grenades, giving Blast Shield wearers a significant advantage in indoors fighting. The same benefit is received for the Riot Shield.
From a gameplay standpoint, the Stun Grenade in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is completely unchanged from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty OnlineEdit
The stun grenade makes a reappearance in Call of Duty Online.
Call of Duty: Advanced WarfareEdit
- "Blinds, disorients and slows enemies. Can be manually detonated."
- — In-game description.
The Stun Grenade returns and retains the same purpose from previous games. However, the player can now double tap the Action Button to detonate the stun grenade manually, similar to C4 in previous games. The Stun Grenade can also disable Remote Turrets for a short period of time, allowing most tactical players to destroy Turrets with ease. Players with the Tier 3 Perk, Hard-Wired, however have immunity to the Stun Grenade.
- On the Wii version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, players are still able to turn at their normal speed, making Stun Grenades much less useful.
- The icon on the Create-A-Class menu shows the Stun Grenade as being red in the middle, while in game, the two Stun Grenades positioned next to the Equipment will have blue in the same area.
- In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the in-game model of the Stun Grenade is completely different from the Create-a-Class icon.
- If the player is stunned, an explosion will remove the effects of the Stun Grenade.