The Stun grenade is a Special Grenade in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. When it explodes, it temporarily blinds anyone in its blast radius, slows victims down dramatically, and deals a small amount of damage for the enemy.
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
|Call of Duty 4 (MP only)|
|Direct Impact Damage||
1 second after hitting the ground
- "Device that disorients the target when detonated."
- — Special Grenade description
The stun grenade is one of three available special grenades. One is normally given, but the player's inventory of special grenades can be increased to three if the perk Special Grenades x3 is used.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
|Modern Warfare 2 (MP only)|
1 (40 for direct impact)
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, two stun grenades are now given instead of one. Wearing a Blast Shield negates the slowing and blinding effect of stun grenades, giving Blast Shield wearers a significant advantage in indoors fighting. The same benefit is received for the Riot Shield.
The Stun Grenade in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is completely unchanged from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.(Except for the looks)
- On the Wii version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, players are still able to turn at their normal speed, making stun grenades much less useful.
- The icon on the Create-A-Class menu shows the stun grenade as being red in the middle, while in game, the two stun grenades positioned next to the Equipment will have blue in the same area.
- If the player is stunned, an explosion will remove the effects of the stun grenade.