Call of Duty: Advanced WarfareEdit
In Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Supply Drops are given to the player in different ways, including time played.
It can give out character gear, reinforcements, and weapon loots. Weapon loots are customized weapons that modify the base stats of that weapon. Most weapons have about ten variants (some exceptions are the CEL-3 Cauterizer, the MP40 and STG-44), which change the aesthetics as well as the stats. Character gear modifies the player's character and Exoskeleton, similar to Create-A-Soldier. Last, Reinforcements are items, including Perks and Scorestreaks, that are dropped into a multiplayer match at predetermined times by an Orbital Care Package. They are helpful to players who don't receive scorestreaks often.
Supply Drops are acquired every 45 minutes of in-game gameplay or purchase from the in game store. They will be received upon either getting a kill or a death. Some ways are from earning XP, time spent playing, or earning medals. They can be earned not just in multiplayer, but also Exo Survival and the campaign. However, they are all items for multiplayer.
Supply Drop weapons can appear differently from the base gun, ranging from simple color changes to completely new barrels, iron sights, or other exterior changes to the weapon. However, the only difference in function is reflected by the stat changes. Selecting a camouflage on a Supply Drop weapon may not entirely overwrite the unique colors. Some parts will still be visible in the base color.
While some Supply Drops change magazine capacities, total ammunition remains the same (unless there's a change in the number of magazines available), as well as the maximum reserve ammunition remaining the same.
Supply Drop weapons can be used in Private Match. However, the base weapon must be unlocked before the loot variants can be used. The same goes for weapon variants: they cannot be selected until the variant has been acquired through a Supply Drop. Both weapon variants and Supply Drop weapons cannot be selected in Create-A-Class or when customizing default loadouts in Local multiplayer, but sometimes can be picked up from bots.
Some Supply Drop weapons also appear in the campaign, where they are used by the juggernauts of Atlas. The Bal-27 is the Carbon variant, the Ameli is the Swift variant, the Tac-19 is the Runner variant, the Atlas 45 is the A1 variant, and the KF5 is a slightly altered version of the Single Stack variant.
Supply Drop RewardsEdit
- Legendary - With a purple name, Legendary items are more elite than elite and are very rare. The first Legendary gear released was the Sentinel CI (Counter-Intelligence) Gear Set. There is currently at least one full set, awarded to the very first Grand Master Prestige player in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Players can now also get this set of eight pieces can be unlocked via Supply Drops and Advanced Supply Drops and each item is highlighted purple in the Armory with the highest redemption value in the game. On July 21st, the SVO, the STG44, and the Blunderbuss was introduced on Xbox One, then later on PlayStation 4 and PC, with each one having its own Legendary variant.
- Retired - With a red name, Retired loots are specific weapon variants and gear that were completely removed from Supply Drops and Advanced Supply Drops on June 9th, 2015. If the player has any of the certain gear or weapon variants in their Armory prior to June 9th, 2015, they will still be able to use it in-game, but for those that don’t, they will no longer be able to earn them anymore. Unlike Legendary, however, if the player redeems these after June 9th, 2015 they never have access to them ever again. Regardless of the previous rarity of a Retired item, the player is awarded 3000 XP for removing a Retired item from their Armory.
- Elite - With an amber name, the rare Supply Drop items are Elite items. Elite weapons are characterized by engravings and golden camouflages, as well as wooden features, and have six stat changes, with three being increased and three decreased (unless it also gets an attachment), making them handle very differently from the base weapon.
- Professional - With a blue name, Professional items are uncommon but not rare items. Professional weapons have four stat changes, with two being increased and two decreased (unless it also gets an attachment), and often have modified models, such as longer barrels or different sights, though these changes are purely cosmetic.
- Enlisted - With a green name, Enlisted items are the most common items. Enlisted weapons have two stat changes, with one being increased and one decreased, and usually have white camouflages applied.
- Reinforcements - Reinforcements are temporary bonus items such as time-limited Double XP, Rapid Supply or Orbital Care Packages. If the player earns Rapid Supply or Double XP when it is already activated, it will be added to the player's current time. The time depends on the rarity of the reinforcement: Elite reinforcements are 45 minutes, Professional reinforcements are 25 minutes, and Enlisted are 10 minutes.
Advanced Supply DropsEdit
- Main article: Advanced Supply Drop
As of an update, players are now able to buy Advanced Supply Drops in a bundle of one, five, ten, twenty, and forty on consoles only. There are also bonus drops for purchasing in larger amounts There are always three items per Advanced Supply Drop, with one item being a weapon variant, and one of professional or greater grade. The player cannot receive reinforcements (except for XP), and are able to receive exclusive character gears. Advanced Supply Drops could also be earned by reaching level 20, 30, 40, and after prestiging in multiplayer. Since the PC version lacks the option of purchasing Advanced Supply Drops, this is the only way to obtain them on the platform.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIEdit
- "No guarantees. Slight chance of dropping Rare, Legendary or Epic items."
- — Common Supply Drop In-game description.
- "Guaranteed Rare item with increased chance of Legendary and Epic. Guaranteed Weapon or Specialist item. Includes bonus Cryptokeys."
- — Rare Supply Drop In-game description.
Supply Drops return in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. They can be acquired through the Black Market feature in Multiplayer only on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
There are two types of supply drops: Common Supply Drops (costing 10 Cryptokeys), and Rare Supply Drops (costing 30 Cryptokeys or 200 COD Points). Supply drops can give out specific camouflages for weapons, Calling Cards, taunts and gestures for specialists, variants of attachments and exclusive weapons (including melee weapons such as Wrench and ranged weapons such as MX Garand). Most items are cosmetic, though the exclusive weapons have statistical differences to those available through ranking up. Many of the weapons are somehow unique and have a defining feature compared to the conventional weapons, or throwbacks to player favorites in previous Treyarch games.
Weapons obtained from Supply Drops, just like in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, can only be used in online Custom Matches if the player has obtained the weapon from a Supply Drop, and cannot be used in Local multiplayer either until acquiring them in online multiplayer.
As of update 1.04, the player can burn duplicates of items that they already had for a partial refund on cryptokeys.
As of another update, players who own the Season Pass on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One received a ten-pack bundle of Supply Drops, as well as a special Supply Drop which is guaranteed to give the player a Supply Drop-exclusive weapon.
- Specialist Gear
- Attatchment Variants
- Calling Cards
- Paintshop/Emblem Materials
- Specialist Taunts
- Specialist Gestures
Triple PlayEditThe triple play bundle can be purchased with CODPoints, when aquired, the offer grants players a no dupe ranged weapon bribe, no dupe melee bribe and a bundle of 10 rare supply drops. A contract 'Triple Played' provides the player with same rewards after getting 100 wins.
Big Box BundleEdit
The big box bundle contains a 100 pack of rare supply drops at the highest discount price of *75% off. (*Based on the price of a regular rare drop) Only purchasable using CODPoints at a cost of 5000CP.
Added on September 4, 2017 as labor day special for 4000CP, the grand slam contains a 20 no dupe rare supply drop bundle, 20 liquid divinium, 1 three-of-a-kind weapon bribe and a camo bribe containing one of two Dragon's Breath color variations. (Arcane Fire and Atomic Fire)
A contract with a similar name, the 'Grand Slammed' was made available between Sep 4 - 11, 2017 with the requirements of winning 125 games to obtain the reward.
Supply Drop RewardsEdit
- Limited - With a white gold background, Limited items are available only for a short time.
- Epic - With an amber background, Epic items are the rarest in the game.
- Legendary - With a purple background, Legendary items are rarer than Rare.
- Rare - With a blue background, Rare items are more rare than Common.
- Common - With a gray background, Common items are the most common items.
Call of Duty: Infinite WarfareEdit
Supply Drops return once again in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Just like in previous titles, Supply Drops contain multiplayer loot such as customization options, weapon variants, and calling cards. They are available from the Quartermaster.
Weapon variants come with applied default camouflages that reflect the quality of the weapon by colour. All weapon variants of a certain quality (Except Epic quality variants which come with their own custom finishes and appearances) have the same default camouflage and appearance, and in turn look the same. Weapon variants of the same quality can be distinguished by their pickup text, which contains the variant.
Common Supply Drops cost 10 Keys, and Rare Supply Drops cost 30 Keys or 200 CoD Points, just like Call of Duty: Black Ops III. A Supply Drop is given to any player who has launched online multiplayer for 3 days in a row.
The rarity associated with the qualities are synonymous with the Call of Duty: Black Ops III version:
Supply Drops also exist in Zombies, where they are called Zombie Crates. Zombie Crates and Supply Drops use the same pool of keys and CoD points. They contain a Fate and Fortune Card booster pack in addition to Supply Drop loot, but contain only two Supply Drop items instead of three.
MKII Variants Edit
On January 11th, 2017 (PS4 and Xbox One) and January 18th, 2017 (PC), an update was released that added MKII Variants of all weapons that can be bought with Salvage to the game. MKII variants function identically to their normal variants, however with three main exceptions - MKII variants award a bonus 15% XP per kill, they can only be obtained from Supply Drops and they cannot accept camouflages in customization. MKII variants can be noted by a moving hexagonal camouflage on the weapon that reflects the quality of the weapon. Weapons exclusively available from promotional means (such as the Hailstorm Thunder variant obtained by playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III) do not have a MKII variant. MKII variants are given their own unique supply drop card to distinguish from their regular counterparts.
12 Days of WinterEdit
Free Supply Drops were available for 12 days starting from December 21st, 2016 to January 1st, 2017. Only one supply drop was given per day. The contents of those 12 supply drops were:
- Day 1 - Epic String 'Em Up Calling Card
- Day 2 - Epic 20 Keys
- Day 3 - Rare 200 Salvage
- Day 4 - Common RPR Evo - Sled Shot
- Day 5 - One Supply Drop
- Day 6 - Legendary Iced Reticle
- Day 7 - Epic 40 Keys
- Day 8 - Rare Titan - Slay Guide
- Day 9 - Epic 500 Salvage
- Day 10 - Epic Frosted Camouflage
- Day 11 - Legendary Snowballs Accessory
- Day 12 - Legendary KBAR-32 - Igloo Buster
Quartermaster Hacks Edit
Quartermaster Hacks are special event items available from the Quartmeraster that guarantee a specific item when bought, such as the Prototype Hack, which guarantees a MKII weapon variant of Rare quality or better.
The Prototype Hack guarantees a MKII weapon variant of Rare quality or better when purchased. The Prototype Hack was available for purchase from March 10th, 2017 to March 13th, 2017, and costed 45 Keys or 300 CODPoints to use.
Bundles are another assortment of special event items available form the Quartermaster that offer specific deals when purchased, such as the Triple Play Bundle, which includes 10 Rare Supply Drops, a dupe-protected QR-M5TR collection drop, and a dupe protected MKII collection drop.
Triple Play Bundle Edit
The Triple Play Bundle is a bundle that gave 10 Rare Supply Drops, a dupe-protected QR-M5TR collection drop, and a dupe protected MKII collection drop. The Triple Play Bundle was available for purchase from March 3rd, 2017 to March 10th, 2017, and costed 400 keys or 2500 CODPoints to use. The Triple Play Bundle could only be purchased twice during its active period.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Edit
Supply Drops return once again in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. Just like in previous titles, Supply Drops contain multiplayer loot such as; customization options and melee weapons. They are available from the Depot
Common Supply Drops cost ten keys, and Rare Supply Drops cost 30 keys or 200 CODPoints, just like other Call of Duty games. 10 Rare Supply Drops were also awarded to a player who purchased the Variety Map Pack.
Items available through Supply Drops are primarily cosmetic, including:
- Calling Cards
- Weapon Kits
- Combat Uniforms
Every item is also part of a Collection. Completing a Collection earns a Bounty, which awards an exclusive new item based on the Collection’s theme. The quality of the bounty items is simply Bounty.
Parts can also be earned through supply drops and trading in duplicate items. These parts are used to buy items within collections and unlock their bounty.
The rarity associated with the qualities are synonymous with the Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare version:
Call of Duty: WWIIEdit
Supply Drops return in Call of Duty: WWII. Just like in previous titles, Supply Drops contain multiplayer loot such as customization options and weapon variants. They are available to open in the Headquarters, in which payers spectating supply drop openings can earn 750 XP, Social Score or more supply drops. If a player's supply drop opening is spectated by others, they will also earn a small amount of Social Score.
Common Supply Drops can be earned by ranking up in Social Score, participating in the Headquarters AA Gun event, completing specific Daily Orders, and by completing six Daily Orders in a 24 hour period. Rare Supply Drops can be bought with 200 CODPoints, or earned by completing a single Weekly Order, or three Weekly orders in a 7 day period, completing Contracts and by playing the game. Three Rare Supply Drops were also awarded to a player who purchased the Starter Bundle.
Items available through Supply Drops are primarily cosmetic, including:
- Calling Cards
- Pistol Grips
- Weapon Variants
- Earned XP Bonus for Divisions, Weapons or players themselves.
- Armory Credits
Every item is also part of a Collection. Completing a Collection earns a Bounty, which awards an exclusive new item based on the Collection’s theme. The quality of the bounty items are Epic.
Armoury Credits can also be earned through supply drops and trading in duplicate items. These parts are used to buy items within collections and unlock their bounties.
The rarity associated with the qualities are synonymous with the previous three iterations, however with the inclusion of a supply drop exclusive Heroic quality, that supersedes the Epic quality.
When a player earns an Epic or Heroic item from a supply drop inside the Headquarters, a message appears in the HUD notifying everyone in the Headquarters of the opening.
In the December 7th, 2017 update, supply drop cards were updated to include the weapon name on weapon variant cards, and the division used on uniform cards. Also with the update, pistol grip cards were updated to show the pistol grip pattern on the card.
After The Resistance event, Heroic Supply Drops were added, guaranteeing players one Heroic weapon variant. Heroic Bribes are marked by a black crate.
During the Winter Siege event, players were also able to earn Winter Siege Supply Drops and Winter Bribe Supply Drops. Nine separate collections were able to be completed before the event's end, of which the collections were unable to be completed afterwards. However, Winter Siege items were moved into the regular supply drop pool after the event ended.
During the The Resistance event, players were also able to earn Resistance Supply Drops and Resistance Bribe Supply Drops, similar to the previous Winter Siege event. Five separate collections were able to be completed before the event's end.
The Starter Bundle is a bundle that gives Three Rare Supply Drops, as well as 20 minutes of 25% extra XP and Division XP. The Starter Bundle was available for purchase from November 21st, 2017 update, and can only be purchased once. The Starter Bundle costs 500 CODPoints to use.
Call of Duty: Advanced WarfareEdit
- Starting around Christmas in 2014 and ending in January 2015, the regular icon for earning a Supply Drop during a match was replaced with an icon that looked like a traditional wrapped Christmas present.
- During the month of February 2015, the icon was changed for Valentine's Day, with the icon being a red gift with a pink heart on it.
- Starting around St. Patrick's Day in 2015 and through the end of March, the icon was changed to resemble a green top hat with a shamrock on the bottom.
- Most of the Supply Drop variants of weapons have the name of the regular weapon written on the side of the weapon.
Call of Duty: WWIIEdit
- When the player opens up an Epic or Heroic item, the Allied Powers multiplayer announcer will yell "EPIC" and "HEROIC" respectively.
- A Grease Gun, a Knife, a Helmet, a satchel and a pack of playing cards can be seen inside the supply drop containers.
- The Resistance event supply drop card backs have symbols and French text upon the back of them.
- The Cross of Lorraine can be seen on the Heroic, Legendary, Rare and Common card backs.
- "Vive la résistance!" (French for "Long live the resistance!") can be seen on the back of the Heroic card.
- "HONNEUR ET PATRIE" (French for "Honour and Fatherland") can be seen on the back of the Epic card.
- "la victoire ou la mort" (French for "Victory or death") can be seen on the back of the Legendary card.
- "pour la résistance" (French for "For resistance") can be seen on the back of the Rare card.
- "pour la liberte" (French for "For freedom") can be seen on the back of the Common card.
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/2017/01/11/new-content-mark-ii-guns-100-camos-now-live-infinite-warfares-quartermaster/
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/2016/12/20/12-days-of-winter-event/
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/10/now-live-infinite-warfare-quartermaster-prototype-hack-ends-march-13-10am-pt/
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/03/new-infinite-warfares-quartermaster-triple-play-bundle-accessory-hack/
- ↑ http://charlieintel.com/2017/03/07/cod4-variety-maps-coming-modern-warfare-remastered-march-21-ps4/
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/2017/12/07/patch-update-107/
- ↑ https://charlieintel.com/2017/11/21/call-duty-points-now-live-call-duty-wwii/