10 rounds (13 w/ Extended Clip)
10+90 (SP), 10+30 (MP)
10+200 (SP), 10+80 (MP)
1.48 normal, 1.8 empty
|Rate of Fire||
Tac-45's firing sound: |
- "Semi-automatic pistol. High damage at close range."
- — Description.
The Tac-45 is the second handgun unlocked after the Five-seven. It boasts high damage, low to moderate recoil, and medium range. Compared to the Five-seven, the Tac-45 does have slightly higher recoil and a smaller ammo capacity, but its two-hit-kill range is roughly four times the length of the Five-seven's.
Due to the longer effective range, Long Barrel is a good attachment as it increases the Tac-45's two-hit-kill range, as well as the overall range of the weapon. The Suppressor is not a good choice however, as even though it decreases the range by only 10% (lesser in previous Call of Duty games), it decreases the Tac-45's crucial two-hit-kill range, the key advantage this weapon has over other pistols. The best attachments for the Tac-45 are either Extended Clip due to the smaller capacity of 10 rounds, which will increase to 13 with it. The Tactical Knife for having a close range back up when needing to reload. Dual Wield for the increased killing ability.
As the Tac-45 possesses the same damage and firecap as the FAL OSW at close range, it is very rewarding for accurate players due to its extremely fast time to kill, and yet its magazine size, reload, and recoil are decent enough to make it fairly forgiving compared to high damage handguns such as revolvers from previous titles.
- Reflex Sight (unlocked weapon level 2)
- Extended Clip (unlocked weapon level 3)
- Laser Sight (unlocked weapon level 4)
- Long Barrel (unlocked weapon level 5)
- FMJ (unlocked weapon level 6)
- Fast Mag (unlocked weapon level 7)
- Suppressor (unlocked weapon level 8)
- Tactical Knife (unlocked weapon level 9)
- Dual Wield (unlocked weapon level 10)
- The Tac-45 has the same "MM" markings on the side of it as the MPL from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- In addition, the markings on the side of the Tac-45 refer to it as the "MMP-45".
- The Tac-45, Makarov and the Browning HP are the only pistols that does not appear in Zombies. Overall, this is the only future pistol that does not appear in Zombies.
- With Dual Wield both Tac-45s have the same firing sound as the Five-seven.
- The Tac-45 shares the same firing sound and reload animation as the M1911.
- If a emblem is placed on the weapon, it will apear mirrored.