10 rounds (13 w/ Extended Clip)
Completing Time and Fate (SP)
10+90 (SP), 10+30 (MP)
10+200 (SP), 10+80 (MP)
1.48 normal, 1.8 empty
|Rate of Fire||
Tac-45's firing sound: |
- "Semi-automatic pistol. High damage at close range."
- — Description.
The Tac-45 is the second handgun unlocked after the Five-seven. It boasts high damage, low to moderate recoil, and medium range. Compared to the Five-seven, the Tac-45 does have slightly higher recoil and a smaller ammo capacity, but its two-hit-kill range is four times the length of the Five-seven's.
Due to the longer effective range, Long Barrel is a good attachment as it increases the Tac-45's two-hit-kill range, as well as the overall range of the weapon. The Suppressor is not a particularly good choice however, as even though it decreases the range by only 10% (lesser in previous Call of Duty games), it decreases the Tac-45's crucial two-hit-kill range, the key advantage this weapon has over other pistols. Generally, the best attachments for the Tac-45 are the Extended Clip due to the smaller default capacity of 10 rounds, Dual Wield for the increased killing ability, Long Barrel, or perhaps the Tactical Knife as it provides a close range back up when needing to reload.
As the Tac-45 possesses the same damage and firecap as the FAL OSW at close range, it is very rewarding for accurate players due to its extremely fast time to kill, and yet its magazine size, reload, and recoil are decent enough to make it fairly forgiving compared to high damage handguns such as revolvers from previous titles.
- Reflex Sight (unlocked weapon level 2)
- Extended Clip (unlocked weapon level 3)
- Laser Sight (unlocked weapon level 4)
- Long Barrel (unlocked weapon level 5)
- FMJ (unlocked weapon level 6)
- Fast Mag (unlocked weapon level 7)
- Suppressor (unlocked weapon level 8)
- Tactical Knife (unlocked weapon level 9)
- Dual Wield (unlocked weapon level 10)
- The Tac-45 has the same "MM" markings on the side of it as the MPL from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- In addition, the markings on the side of the Tac-45 refer to it as the "MMP-45".
- The Tac-45, Makarov and the Browning HP are the only pistols that do not appear in Zombies. Overall, this is the only future pistol that does not appear in Zombies.
- If an emblem is placed on the weapon, it will appear mirrored.
- When using the Duel Wield attachment, the fire sound has the same sound as the Five-Seven