Tank Dempsey as he appears in Origins.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War |
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Zombies
Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
|Affiliations||United States Marine Corps (formerly),|
Marine Recon Team (formerly)
|Status||Alive (As of Moon)|
|Weapon||M1911, any weapon obtained by the player.|
Wunderwaffe DG-2 (First Strike poster)
Mauser C96 (Origins)
MG08/15 (Origins intro and poster)
Remington New Model Army (Origins intro)
BAR (Favorite weapon)
M16 (Favorite weapon)
M1A1 Carbine (Der Riese trailer)
Staff of Wind (Favorite staff)
|Equipment||Stielhandgranate, M67 Grenade, Knife, Mk 2 Grenade (Unusable), Fragmentation Grenades|
|Voice Actor||Steve Blum|
|Level||Nacht der Untoten (Black Ops verison), Verrückt (Black Ops verison), Shi No Numa, Der Riese, Kino der Toten, Ascension, Call of the Dead (Heard only), Shangri-La, Moon and Origins|
- "Tank Dempsey! Kicking ass and making messes!"
- — Tank Dempsey
Corporal Tank Dempsey is an American Marine who fought in the United States Marine Corps, and is a playable character in the Zombies game mode. His player indicator color is white (shared with John F. Kennedy and Sarah Michelle Gellar), but is randomized in Moon and Origins.
"Tank Dempsey: American hero. Hand him a loaded weapon, a good woman, and something to shoot at and he is happy. Enrage him and he will rip your guts out and use them as a bandolier.
Dempsey was selected for this mission after he showed his true grit at the battle for Peleliu. Remarkable though it may seem, his unit was captured during the early raids before the main invasion, and he spent 2 weeks in a rat infested bamboo cage submerged in malarial water. Well that did not stop The Tank. After he gnawed his way through the cage, he then gnawed his way through his captors armed only with a Bobby pin and his Medal of Honor which he keeps secreted in various body cavities.
Now you know there is no before the war for Dempsey, and there is no after. There is only the legend of Tank Dempsey, and how he will win the war for the rest of us."
Appearance (Post Origins) Edit
Dempsey is a stereotypical American soldier who is brash and self satisfied. He uses the most explicit language of all the characters in the Zombies story arc. He thinks highly of himself and his country. Occasionally Dempsey will break the 4th wall (Talking directly to players or people in the real world). His favorite weapon is the Colt M16A1, and seems to know much about it, as explained in a quote from Kino der Toten. He also favors American made weaponry, like the Stakeout. His fate as of moon is unknown.
Appearance (Origins) Edit
As of Origins, Dempsey seems more relaxed and focused on the mission than usual. His language is more clean and he does not yell as much. When hearing Samantha Maxis, he is focused on freeing her as much as Nikolai Belinski. Also, he has brown hair instead of blonde, and wears gloves.
- "November 19, 1917
It seems beyond doubt that Fritz is up to no good. Air reconnaissance suggests prototype armored weaponry is being tested in Northern France. Scuttlebutt reads like the ramblings of a mad man; strange lights in the sky... a mysterious plague... even giant metal men.
I'll be at the site within the week to learn the truth with my own eyes..."
- — Tank Dempsey
- "April 14, 1918
After far too long waiting on the sidelines, we finally got our first taste of combat. Our actions at Belleau Wood seem to have brought their Spring Offensive to a grinding halt. We even heard talk that Fritz has nicknamed us the 'Devil Dogs', following the allround ass kicking they took... and that's fine by me.
We intercepted communications suggesting that we're not the only nation to learn of the enemy's plans. Scuttlebutt is that the Russians & Japanese are looking to grab a slice of the action. Things are going to get interesting.
- — Tank Dempsey
- Main article: Shi No Numa/Quotes#Tank Dempsey
- Dempsey's favorite Perk-a-Cola is Juggernog and his least favorite is Quick Revive.
- Dempsey thinks Stamin-up is sour.
- Dempsey says Double Tap "tastes chewy."
- Dempsey has a strong dislike for fish, as mentioned when he is disgusted each time after drinking a Quick Revive soda.
- Dempsey hates Edward Richtofen, who in turn hates him as well.
- Dempsey seems to disrespect Nikolai Belinski, however he does not seem to actually hate him.
- In the Original Characters Trapped Easter egg, Dempsey and Nikolai appear to be drunk together, demonstrating how Dempsey does not actually hate him.
- Dempsey treats Takeo Masaki with much respect, but Takeo does not seem to return the same feeling, until Shangri-La where he begins to subtly reciprocate, and shows it more openly on Moon.
- Dempsey's favorite weapons are the BAR, the M16, and heavy weaponry, such as the MG08/15, MG42 and HK21.
- Dempsey often calls the Wunderwaffe DG-2 the “Wonder Waffle", which has sparked a trend among the community, who often do the same.
- Rarely, while using the Pack-a-Punch machine, Dempsey will sing the jingle for Juggernog.
- By the time of Kino der Toten, Dempsey has grown a small beard, and by the time of Ascension, he is covered in dirt and blood. This blood is gone in Shangri-La and returns in Moon.
- Dempsey will occasionally break the fourth wall. One example is a quote from Kino Der Toten, where, when out of ammo, he will sometimes say, "Hey, player! Drop the chips and get me some ammo!"
- In a file on the computer terminal, it says that part of Dr. Richtofen's super-soldier experiments were Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo.
- When Pack-a-Punching a weapon on Ascension, he may say, "Richtofen... I don't like him. I think I saw him before Shi No Numa but... I can't quite remember. In fact, I can't remember much at all before then." Likely referring to Richtofen having his memory wiped.
- Dempsey has a five-year-old daughter.
- Dempsey was briefly mentioned by Richtofen on Green Run, along with Nikolai.
- Dempsey, like Richtofen, has an impressive service record of at least 28 years (1917-1945).