|The Sins of The Father|
|Game||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
|Character||John "Soap" MacTavish|
|Team||SAS with USMC (joint operation) and Loyalists|
|Place||Volgograd Outskirts, Volgograd Oblast, Russia|
|Date||Day 5, 2011 - 06:34:26|
|Objective||Locate the enemy checkpoint.|
Get in position to attack the checkpoint.
Secure the checkpoint.
Ambush the enemy convoy.
Hunt down and capture the son of Zakhaev.
Disarm and restrain Zakhaev's son.
|Enemies||Ultranationalists, Dogs, Viktor Zakhaev|
- "Ambush Zakhaev's Son"
- — Level Description
- John "Soap" MacTavish (playable)
- John Price
- Vulture One-Six
- Viktor Zakhaev (K.I.A.)
- Nikolai (Ultranationalist, K.I.A.)
- Imran Zakhaev (mentioned)
The mission begins with Soap, along with other SAS, Russian Loyalists and Marine forces. They take out a large group of guards at a checkpoint and then change into the enemies' clothing and await Viktor Zakhaev. When he arrives, the team takes down the Ultranationalists, but Viktor makes his escape, leaving John "Soap" MacTavish and Griggs to chase him down.
He runs through an adjoining town where Ultranationalists cover him as he flees. He runs into a partially destroyed building while Soap's team gets support from an American Helicopter, callsign Vulture One-Six, to take out enemies and track Viktor through the building.
Once they wipe out all the enemies in the building, they corner Viktor Zakhaev on the roof and attempt to restrain him; he then takes the opportunity to shoot himself. As the mission ends, Gaz tells Price of his disappointment, and remarks that "His son was our only lead, sir." Price, however, correctly replies, "Forget it. I know the man, he won't let this go unanswered. Let's go."
|Found in level|
- Laptop 24 is found near the beginning of the level, before dressing as a Russian. It is located in the restaurant where most of the enemies are, on the left, on a table. The player will have to be quick in getting it before getting changed.
- Laptop 25 is found after taking the "Alley on the Left", after seeing a green car and a red dumpster take a right. Kill the enemies then go up some stairs leading into a building, kill the enemies in there and collect the laptop.
- When Viktor rams the tower and John "Soap" MacTavish is on the ground, he wields an M1911, but right before he begins to run his M1911 turns into a silenced Mini-Uzi.
- The UH-60, Vulture One-Six, will fire rockets at the enemy reinforcements during the convoy ambush, despite the fact that it clearly does not mount rocket pods.
- The position of Kamarov before the ambush is randomly generated each playthrough. He can be one of the soldiers on the right side of the road, on the roof or down to the left of the tower.
- When Viktor Zakhaev shoots himself, a blood cloud appears around his head before the shot is fired.
- If the player has the "A Bad Year" cheat on when Viktor commits suicide, he will not turn into tires until his death animation is over.
- If one destroys the red and blue cars that are in front of the guard tower in the first part of the mission, they will be rebuilt in the second part.
- It is possible to have an M249 SAW drop from the apartments to the ground in the parking lot after Vulture One-Six has cleared out all the enemies defending Zakhaev's son. It is unusable, though.
- If the player uses the "noclip" cheat in the UH-60 helicopter, the gunner of the helicopter is an Ultranationalist soldier.
- Upon breaking the neck of the dog in the junkyard, Soap's arms are not clothed in the Russian clothing he wore at the time, but instead in his regular SAS outfit.
- At the five story building parking lot, the M249 SAW gunner pinning down the SAS can be killed if the player shoots enough into the aperture before Vulture One-Six destroys it. This will be indicated by the sandbag emplacement falling apart.
- Desperate Measures (20 ) - Complete "The Sins of the Father" on any difficulty.
- The Third Horseman (40 ) - Complete "Heat" and "The Sins of the Father" on Veteran difficulty.
- Main article: The Sins of the Father/Transcript