|Time and Fate|
|Previous level||Old Wounds|
|Next level||Fallen Angel (in-game) |
Suffer With Me (chronologically)
|Character||Alex Mason, Raul Menendez|
|Team||Mason: CIA with PDF|
Menendez: Menendez Cartel
|Place||Wasa King, Northern Atlantic Region, Nicaragua (1986)|
The Vault (2025)
|Date||September 25th, 1986|
April 19, 2025 (The Vault)
|Objective||• Observe Menendez|
• Rescue Josefina
|Enemies||Mason: Menendez Cartel |
Menendez: Panamanian Defense Forces
- "The President of Panama (Manuel Noriega) lends his PDF armed forces to help the CIA capture Menendez at his drug cartel compound in Nicaragua."
- — Mission description
"Time and Fate" is the fourth mission in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II single-player campaign and the third 80's mission. In this mission, the player controls Alex Mason as he joins Hudson and the Panamanian Defense Forces in a raid of Menendez's mansion. In the earlier part of the mission, the player also controls Raul Menendez at the time of the raid and as he attempts to save his sister, Josefina.
- Alex Mason (playable)
- Raul Menendez (W.I.A.) (playable)
- Jason Hudson
- Frank Woods
- Manuel Noriega (W.I.A.)
- Josefina Menendez (K.I.A)
- David Mason (cutscene only)
- Mike Harper (cutscene only)
- Javier Salazar (cutscene only)
- PDF Officer (K.I.A)
Mason, Hudson, Woods, Manuel Noriega and his men are waiting on a cliff near where Raul Menendez is. Noriega gives an order under Mason's command. Control then shifts to Menendez, who is sitting besides his sister Josefina who is sleeping. A knock on the door prompts Menendez to open it, where a soldier is shot and Menendez and his sister are captured.
One of the soldiers grabs Josefina and begins to assault and taunt her, at one point slamming her into her vanity, breaking a glass object. Menendez then goes mad with rage, escapes the soldiers holding him, and stabs the offending soldier with a shard of glass multiple times in the neck, killing him. Menendez is then given a sedative and loses consciousness. When he comes to, two guards and Noriega are looking at him. Noriega cocks a SPAS-12 but shoots his own troops instead of Menendez. He then unties Menendez, saying he should be in American hands right now.
Noriega releases him calling it "a favor". Menendez then assaults him, picks up his SPAS-12 and rampages through the village to find and save Josefina. The player has an extreme amount of health, increased movement speed, a very fast reload, and infinite ammo for any weapon during this sequence, courtesy of Menendez's sheer rage. When Menendez reaches the building where Josefina is, Woods sees him and fires at him, but misses. As Menendez struggles with Hudson, he then sees a grenade bounce off a wall and into Josefina's room. Menendez goes after the grenade in an attempt to stop it but fails, as the grenade explodes, killing Josefina.
Control then shifts back to Mason, as the player fights through the town to cover Menendez's capture. Halfway through the mission, the three will see Menendez and realize that Noriega betrayed them. Woods will become enraged, and focus relentlessly on killing Menendez for what he had done to Woods, ignoring the mission for his vengeance. After clearing out the courtyard they will come across a cocaine lab. When Mason enters it, Hudson will tell him to keep an eye on Woods.
After clearing out the lab, Mason and Woods enter Menendez' mansion and see Menendez struggling with Hudson. Woods will lose control and start firing his Galil at Menendez, but Mason pushes him against the wall, preventing the gunfire from hitting. Woods then pushes Mason away from him and tries to throw a frag grenade at Menendez, but Mason knocks his hand, causing the grenade to bounce around the hallway and into the room with Josefina. The mission ends with Mason waking up in the destroyed building, and seeing Menendez in a body bag, believed to be dead. Hudson will then tell Mason and Woods that "today never happened", and the mission is ended.
- Eliminate PDF enemies (x7) with shotguns in under 10 seconds.
- Eliminate PDF enemies (x8) with truck mounted MG.
- Rendezvous with Josefina in under 140 seconds.
- Eliminate Cartel enemy personnel with Molotovs (x12)
- Crash an enemy truck.
- Eliminate Cartel enemy personnel with mortars (x10).
- Eliminate Cartel enemy personnel with machete (x10).
- Locate evidence of CIA presence.
- Collect intel (x3).
- 100% survivability rating.
Mason's Recommended LoadoutEdit
Found in LevelEdit
Access Kit UsageEdit
- After taking control of Mason once again, there is a locked crate in one of the buildings which contains Molotov Cocktails.
- Before reaching the mansion, there is a garage that Mason can go inside. There is an ammo crate and some Mortar Shells.
- When going into the drug basement, there is a locked door which Mason can pick and open to get a Machete. There is also a weapon cache, which includes several SPAS-12s, Galils, AK47s, AK-74us and an RPD.
- Main article: Time and Fate/Trivia
- Man of the People (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Stop the brutality inflicted by the PDF.
- Driven by Rage (20 / Bronze Trophy ) - Take down Menendez and his operation.
- Main article: Time and Fate/Transcript