The "Tishina" is a grenade launcher featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It is a grenade launcher only usable by the AK-74u, and is similar to the GP-25 in the fact that it is muzzle-loaded and is mounted on an AK variant.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
|Cost (Black Ops)|
|Rate of Fire||
The Tishina does the same damage as the other grenade launchers, with similar statics like a slow reload time and high power. However, the Tishina is unique in the fact that is only attachable to the AK-74u, which is an SMG. Due to the Tishina being available only for this single weapon, and that weapon being frequently used with aim-enhancing attachments or special magazines, the Tishina is a rare sight in Multiplayer, but is equally as deadly as an assault rifle grenade.
- This is the first grenade launcher in the Call of Duty series that is mounted and usable on a submachine gun.
- The grenade loaded in the Tishina is noticeably smaller than the grenades used by the M203 and GP-25; however, this difference has no effect on gameplay.
- The barrel is extremely long and may be the longest underbarrel grenade launcher barrel in any Call of Duty game.
- 'Tishina' is a transliteration of the Russian word "тишина", meaning "silence".
- When reloaded it is possible to see that the launcher has a bolt action. The bolt can be clearly seen beside the tube.
- In the early stages of the games release, the bolt action was on the right side of the weapon.