The Turbine is guaranteed to be able to build in the starting room of Green Run, with all three pieces spawning in the starting room. It can only be crafted at the workbench in the starting room.
The Turbine's complete uses are as follows:
- Opening certain doors.
- Powering up Perk-a-Cola machines prior to the power being turned on.
- Powering up streetlights prior to the power being turned on.
- Providing power to the buildables Electric Trap and Turret.
- Powering the door at the Power Station that opens the way to the room containing the Pack-a-Punch Machine.
- Restarting the Bus after an EMP Grenade or the Avogadro disables it.
- Providing power to the Subsurface Resonator in Buried.
Part Locations Edit
In Tranzit, this piece spawns up against the triangular map in the starting room, and in Buried it is in the back right corner, in the back room, on the main floor of the general store.
In Tranzit, the Fan spawns on a seat opposite the crafting bench, and in Buried, it is located in the back room, on the second floor, to the immediate right, on a desk.
The most obscure of the three pieces, in Tranzit, the Tail spawns to the right of the bookcase in the starting room, on the floor. It is behind the Mannequin's spawn point, next to the M14. In Buried, it is located on the set of shelves on the far left, on the main floor of the general store, when entering through the front door.
- When building the Turbine, as the player picks up the last piece, Dr. Maxis will say, "That's it! Now, complete the device! Do it!".
- When an EMP Grenade detonates in the vicinity of the Turbine, or the Avogadro shoots at it, the device is disabled temporarily. It can still be attacked by zombies and picked up, however.
- When the player holding is the Turbine, their melee speed is increased due to the fact that the player is not switching back to a weapon.
- One can take advantage of this and kill Denizens in TranZit with two quick knife slashes before they latch on to the player's face. Combat against normal zombies is discouraged because taking hits can confiscate the Turbine from the player (it will simply disappear, and the player will switch to a weapon).
- When holding it, the player will run at full speed. If one is to travel in the fog in TranZit with heavy weaponry, the player can switch to this Turbine for faster travel.
- If the player dolphin dives while holding the Turbine, the hands will show up appearing to hold an imaginary gun. Perhaps there is no proper game code for hand position while dolphin diving without any weapon equipped.
- The Turbine is not solid when holding it.
- The Turbine can be destroyed with a Semtex, Grenade, or melee weapon, if it is deployed over lava, if zombies chase it and destroy it (acting as a substitute Monkey Bomb albeit zombies close to the player will still chase the player), or if the player shoots it.
- The Turbine is needed to open the room where the Pack-a-Punch Machine is located.
- The Turbine is needed for the Tower of Babble Easter Egg and Maxis' side of the Mined Games Easter Egg.
- On the generator, it is possible to see written: "EXTENDED LIFE", "MAX" and "JNR". This is the same as the battery on the Pack-a-Punch Machine in TranZit and Die Rise.