- "Full-auto energy rifle. Hold Triangle/Y to split the rifle into Akimbo auto-pistol mode for close quarters combat. Features the highest fire rate in class."
- — In-game description.
35 rounds (SP & MP)
Level 22 (MP)
$950 (via the Magic Wheel)
35 + 61 (MP) (35/35 +122 in Akimbo)
35 + 140 (SP) (35/35 + 280 in Akimbo, 7/7 + 56 in Akimbo Shotguns)
|Rate of Fire||
5 shots to kill until 57 meters, 6 shots afterwards
The Type-2 (known as the MOD2 in pre-release) is a Fujiwara energy assault rifle in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The only other Assault Rifle that beats it in terms of rate of fire is the OSA, making the description somewhat misleading.
The Type-2 appears frequently, commonly dropped SDF troopers. The Type-2 is one of the more versatile weapons in the game, killing most human enemies in 5-6 shots, although difficulty can be a factor in enemy resistance. It is part of the recommended loadout for the mission Operation Dark Quarry, where it comes with a Scout sight, Foregrip and Particle Amp.
Like most energy weapons, it deals more damage against robotic enemies.
When all side missions are completed, the Type-2 unlocks the Akimbo Shotguns upgrade, which turns both akimbo pistols into short-range energy shotguns.
The Type-2 is a fully automatic Assault Rifle unlocked at level 22. The Type-2 has very modest damage - 23 damage per shot even at point blank, or 5 shots to kill. It has a minimal headshot multiplier, requiring every single shot fired to be a headshot to reduce the number of bullets to kill. It has low-moderate recoil, bested only by the NV4, and has very clear iron sights, combined with an integral ELO Sight featuring a green Double Dot reticle.
It features a fast fire rate at roughly 800 RPM, bested only by the OSA. The Type-2 features a unique ability to be able to be split into dual wielded machine pistols with reduced damage, firing at a combined rate of fire of roughly 1400 RPM, making it very deadly at close range. Alternatively, the Type-2 has the longest damage drop-off range at 56 meters, making it very consistent, unless shooting across the map. Without Dexterity however, the Type-2 sports a sluggish reload in Assault Rifle mode.
- Reflex - Unlocked at weapon level 1.
- Scout - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Trojan - Unlocked at weapon level 7.
- VMC - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Thermal - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
- ELO - Integral, Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Foregrip - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Quickdraw - Unlocked at weapon level 3.
- Fusion Mag - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Suppressor - Unlocked at weapon level 6.
- Particle Amp - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- Stock - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- Laser Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Ram Servo - Unlocked at weapon level 13.
- Faraday Slug - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Akimbo - Integral.
|Name||Rarity||Gun Perks||Cost (Salvage)||Notes|
|Double Fisted||Common||Lights Out||200|
|Atomic||Legendary||Nuclear, Low Rider||2000|
|Butcher||Epic||Eighty Seven, Readiness||4000|
The Type-2 is available from the Magic Wheel for 950 points. It is available for customization at level 32.