The Type 97 Sniper Rifle (Japanese: 九七式狙撃銃 or Kyuunana-shiki sogekijuu) is a Japanese bolt-action rifle, and it's seen in Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS).
Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS)Edit
|Type 97 rifle|
|Rate of Fire||
Bolt-action (automatic if the trigger is held,)
The Type 97 rifle is a rifle unique to Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS). It is used by Japanese snipers in multiplayer; with the exception of the ammo capacity and firing sound, it is functionally the same as all other sniper rifles in the game.
- If the trigger is held long enough, it is clear that the gun is automatic. The player shoots, cycles the bolt, and fires again. This works on any sniper rifle.
- The rifle is wrapped in what appears to be a basic ghillie material for camouflage.
- The Type 97 has the worst hipfire accuracy of any other sniper rifles.
- Like all other sniper rifles in the game, it shares its model with the Russian Scoped Mosin Nagant from Call of Duty 2.
- It has the shortened firing sound of the Mosin-Nagant.