|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Found in||Call of Duty: Black Ops: SOG, The Defector, Victor Charlie, Crash Site, Redemption|
|Used by||United States Army, United States Marine Corps, SOG, Insurgency|
The UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" is a helicopter that was used primarily by the United States military during the Vietnam War. It is featured in the game Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Heroes. It also makes appearances in the DS spinoff, and the DS spinoff of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare: Mobilized.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: MobilizedEdit
Call of Duty: Black Ops Edit
The "Huey" Helicopter is the main American helicopter in Black Ops, featuring in almost every other mission. The Huey first appears in the mission "SOG" as US troops attempt to defend themselves from the overwhelming numbers of the NVA. In "The Defector," A Huey, callsign RT Texas provides fire support for SOG operatives, followed "Victor Charlie" where one operated by the 1st Cavalry Division is shot down and attacked by Viet Cong or North Vietnamese Forces, while another saves Mason and Reznov from being killed on a cliff side. In Crash Site, it aids SOG in finding the shot down Russian cargo plane containing Nova 6, before two of them, callsigns Centurion 4 and Centurion 5, are shot down. Finally, Mason and other SOG operatives fly several helicopters against Russian defenses on board the Rusalka before Mason's is shot down.
In multiplayer, it is used as the Chopper Gunner killstreak for all factions. Unlike the Chopper Gunner from Modern Warfare 2, the player uses a minigun from the door of the helicopter. It can be shot down with one missile, however, it has a set of flares, so the M72 LAW and Strela-3 require two missiles, unless the former is free-fired.
- Centurion 3
- Centurion 4 (Shot Down)
- Centurion 5 (Shot Down)
- Hotel 6 (Shot Down)
- Hotel 91 (Shot Down)
- Lima 9
- Wolf 10
- Tail Number 182 (USMC) (callsign unknown), seen at the beginning of "Crash Site"
- Tail Number 72 (USMC), seen on multiplayer map "Firing Range"
- Tail Number 041009 (US Army) three Hueys parked outside of "Jungle"
Call of Duty: Black Ops (DS)Edit
The UH-1 makes several appearances in-game, being the primary transport helicopter for the SOG. It makes its first appearance campaign appearance dropping off the team in Vietnam in Welcome To The Jungle. Another is seen later picking up the team from Vietnam in Last Heli Out. It also is seen flying by in the tutorial, and as a static prop in the multiplayer map, Base.
It reuses the Mobilized model.
Call of Duty: HeroesEdit
- Outside of Firing Range there is a Huey with no pilot, but spun up and with dual M60s on each side.
- The UH-1 is the second ever drivable helicopter in the series.
- Another parked Huey can be seen outside of Jungle, near the SOG spawn.
- In "Revelations", and most other missions, there are pilots controlling the Huey, but they use Pvt. Davis' model.
- The Huey has "Get Some" written on the left side of the nose. This is possibly a reference to the movie, "Full Metal Jacket". Juggernauts also have this written on their crotch area.
- The UH-1 does not appear in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but an image of an UH-1 (or an image of a helicopter that resembles the UH-1) can be seen if the player gets Desert Storm achievement.