Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
25-5 (x9) (225-45)
6 shells (9 with Extended mags)
Level 4 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
6 + 30 (MP)
6 + 56 (MP)
3.2s loaded, 3.93s unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
400-700 (10.5-17.7 meters)
The USAS 12 is unlocked at level 4, as soon as Create-A-Class is available. The USAS 12 features a lower rate of fire compared to the other automatic shotgun, the AA-12; however, it has much more carried ammunition (36 total rounds as opposed to 16). In addition, the USAS 12 has the smallest magazine size of all the shotguns and one of the slowest reloads, necessitating Extended Mags and/or Sleight of Hand. Nevertheless, the USAS 12 has the highest range of any of the shotguns (tied with the SPAS-12), but has very low damage at the edge of its range. Damage or Range is highly recommended, as with all shotguns. At medium range with the Damage proficiency, most kills will take one or two shots.
One unique hidden feature of the USAS 12 is that it increases sprint time by 75% (like the MP9 and Skorpion) when equipped on all platforms, similar to the effects of Extreme Conditioning. This effect can be combined with the Extreme Conditioning perk to allow the player to sprint for unparalleled distances.
On January 25, the USAS 12 and KSG 12 were given a buff. The USAS 12 now shoots 9 pellets by default (like the KSG 12), as opposed to the default 6. This virtually gives it a 50% damage increase.
- Grip - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 17.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 26.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Melee - Unlocked at weapon level 19.
- Range - Unlocked at weapon level 23.
- Damage - Unlocked at weapon level 28.
DemonstrationEditUSAS-12 Demonstration - Modern Warfare 3(00:00)
<videogallery id="0"> Video:Modern Warfare 3 - USAS 12 Reload Animations|First person reload animations in different speed modifiers Video:Modern Warfare 3 Kill Confirmed Gameplay|USAS 12 in action. </videogallery>
- It has the 2nd smallest magazine size of any fully automatic weapon, only having six shells per magazine before having to reload. The smallest belongs to the XM25, at only 4 rounds.
- It has the lowest rate of fire of any automatic weapon in the game.
- It is the third fully-automatic shotgun in the Call of Duty series, the first being the AA-12, and the second being the Pack a Punched SPAZ-24 from Call of Duty: Black Ops, in Zombies.
- The USAS 12 has the same firing sound as the M1014 does in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- The Marksman III challenge is oddly achieved upon 300 kills with this weapon as opposed to the usual 75. The Marksman IV challenge is also unusual as it is achieved at 1000 kills.
- USAS 12 along with KSG 12 is the first weapon in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to have been buffed.
- Despite the Elite description claiming that it has the highest damage in the shotgun class, the Create-a-class information says that the KSG 12 and Model 1887 have higher damage.
- During the reload animation, the player accidentally hits the magazine on the side of the magazine slot before getting it in.