Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So, in light of Forum:Addressing_IRC_vs_S:C, where none of us can seem to get along, this is a quick seminar on why it's important to get along, and how you can get around doing it.
Pros of getting alongEdit
- We can get stuff done quickly
- We don't need to waste time with forums such as the one linked above
- We all like each other for the most part
- Better for the community, for obvious reasons
- You can come here and not get spoken down on by other members
- You can come here and edit and chat and comment and use the site in general in peace
- A good impression on new editors
How to get alongEdit
- Respect other people, even if you don't necessarily agree with them
- Love and tolerance, just because you don't agree with something someone thinks and does, doesn't mean you have a right to harass them in any way
- Talk to each other, interaction is key to making friends. That's why chat and IRC exists. That's not really an issue here considering Chat and IRC are most of the times in full activity, though
- Make sure to tell someone if you're feeling rejected/annoyed/upset by someone else
- Remember that we're all on the same team here. We all love Call of Duty (well, one would hope), so there should be no reason to be arguing amongst one another. Your average heated discussion is okay, and expected, but stupid and petty schoolyard fights between two chat platforms isn't cool
Now I know that for the most part everyone here gets along. But, clearly something as of late has gone wrong, and clearly, it hasn't been easy to pinpoint what exactly has gone wrong. But maybe, just maybe, if we can all get along with each other as much as we can, and make an effort to do so, then the sorts of stupid problems and "competition" that we've been seeing between IRC and Chat would not exist. It's somewhat disappointing to see such a divide between the two chat platforms, and to be honest, if you sat there and asked yourself "why are we doing this, what are we gaining", you wouldn't be able to come up with an answer. I know I can't.
Peace out.00:28, January 24, 2012 (UTC)