Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Various tidbits of trivia which I found pretty cool while looking through the files:
- AC-130 and tactical insertion were supposed to be in multiplayer, but taken out in very early stages
- There is a weapon file for the .50cal Humvee turret
- The M1911 used to kill Al-Asad, and the M1911 Griggs uses while shooting at Zakhaev in game over, have individual weapon files separate from the normal M1911
- There is a weapon file called
cod3mg42_turretthat uses a variety of MG42 and M249 SAW variables
- There are 4 individual weapon files for 4 different RPGs
- There are 3 individual weapon files for 3 different Stingers
- There is a file called
compass_flag_german.iwiwhich when viewed is a German WW2 flag
- There is also several MP icons with the German insignia on them.
- There are two victory screens, one for SAS and for USMC:
- There are menu items for every gun attachment variation in the game, though some are unfinished, and some represent weapons not possible in-game (such as an M1014 with grip and RDS). They also appear to be more detailed than the final versions of the menu icons:
- The multiplayer menu screen background from CoD1 still exists in the files, as does the CoD2 logo
- Thermite and Sticky Bomb exist in the files as inventory icons
- There are HUD texture files denoting full-auto and semi-auto firing modes
- Several unused campaign minimaps have the string "M4 Carbine Full Auto" on them.