Since the news has been slow for the past couple of months, here's an overall recap on what's been happening with Call of Duty.
- Infinite Warfare was the top selling console game of 2016, according to the NPD Group. However, the overall sales were down compared to Black Ops 3 in 2015.
- The 1st map pack, Sabotage, releases on 31st of January.
- The trailer was also released, which can be seen here
- A holiday bundle was added to celebrate Christmas, which features 25 Rare Supply Drops and 250 Salvage for 2,500.
- There was a "12 Days of Winter" event, in which players who logged in each day from 21 December recieved a new gift each day:
- DAY 1 – Dec. 21: ‘String ’em Up’ Calling Card
- DAY 2 – Dec. 22: 20 Keys
- DAY 3 – Dec. 23: 200 Salvage
- DAY 4 – Dec. 24: RPR Evo Sled Shot SMG (Common)
- DAY 5 – Dec. 25: 1 Free Supply Drop
- DAY 6 – Dec. 26: Iced Standard Reticle
- DAY 7 – Dec. 27: 40 Keys
- DAY 8 – Dec. 28: Titan Slay Guide LMG (Rare)
- DAY 9 – Dec. 29: 500 Salvage
- DAY 10 – Dec. 30: Frosted Camo (Epic)
- DAY 11 – Dec. 31: Snowballs Accessory (Legendary)
- DAY 12 – Jan. 1: KBAR Igloo Buster Assault Rifle (Legendary)
- All Call of Duty titles are on sale on Steam as part of a Winter Sale, however, it has now ended.
- Reinforce is returning today after popular demand.
- According to leaks on the Infinite Warfare subreddit, a new mission team called "Blood Anvil" is coming to IW. Further info can be found here.
- New content in the Quartermaster was released on the 27th. More info can be found here.
Modern Warfare Remastered
- A "Arctic Wolf Pack" Bundle was released in the Depot of MWR. It includes 25 Rare Supply Drops and 250 Bonus Parts, MWR’s crafting currency, for 2,500 Call of Duty Points.
Black Ops III
- A new bundle called "Triple Play" and a new Contract were released in BOIII. The bundle includes 1 Ranged Weapon Bribe, 1 Melee Weapon Bribe, and 10 Rare Supply Drops for 2,500 Call of Duty Points. The contract to get this bundle, called "Triple Played", requires the play to win 100 matches.
- Further new bundles were released more recently, including a bonus called "No Dupes". More info can be found here. However, these have since expired.
- Treyarch plans to release new content for Black Ops III well into 2017, however, no specific details were announced. During a short stream on Facebook, Dan Bunting, Co-Studio head, stated, "I cannot say anything specifically at this point and time, but I can say that as Treyarch, we are excited about this game…and as long as they continue playing our game, we’re going to continue to support it in the same way. We can look forward to another healthy and fun year of updates in 2017.”