With Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 coming out in a few days, information about Call of Duty ELITE, a service designed to work hand in hand with MW3 has been announced. For those who have access to the premium benefits of ELITE, a weekly video series will be produced by Ridely and Tony Scott’s RSA Productions, being called "Friday Night Fights". On the other hand, for those getting Modern Warfare 3 on the PC, Call of Duty ELITE will not be launching beside the game. It will be delayed, with a future release date being unknown at the moment.
Friday Night Fights
- "Friday Night Fights is an original entertainment program – and the first in a series of entertainment programs — for Call of Duty ELITE’s ELITE TV (an original TV series created exclusively for the Call of Duty community and released exclusively to the community). Executive produced by Ridley Scott and Tony Scott’s RSA productions, Friday Night Fights features real world rivals from all walks of life – including celebrities in head-to-head competitions playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The first episode debuts on Friday Nov. 11 only on Call of Duty ELITE for premium subscribers."
- — Description
With Modern Warfare 3 around the corner, have you decided to purchase the Call of Duty ELITE premium subscription? For those who aren't sold by the monthly DLC, clan benefits, and daily events, a video series, called Friday Night Fights is being launched as part of the premium package. Debuting on Friday, November 11th, this weekly series will pit two rival groups together via Modern Warfare 3. It might be celebrities, or just well-known groups. Receiving coaching from professional gamers, these episodes will feature "a slew of famous personalities to join in the fun." The winning team, whilst winning $5,000, will be donating that money to the Call of Duty Endowment.
Some of the famous groups and celebrities involved are:
- Music: Good Charlotte (Benji & Joel Madden), The Game, Cali Swag District
- Sports: Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic), John Wall (Washington Wizards)
- Actors: Michelle Rodriguez
- Personalities: Jack Osbourne
Real world rivals
- Army vs. Navy
- Police vs. Fireman
- New York city fans vs. Boston fans
Premiering on Veteran's Day, the first episode will feature the "classic" rivalry of the Army vs. Navy. Being hosted by WWE Diva and "current George Clooney squeeze", Stacy Keibler will be sure to make things interesting. This will be the first part of a batch of videos released as part of "ELITE TV", with Will Arnett and Jason Bateman also having signed on to create original content.
This should be interesting, huh guys? ;)
ELITE - Delayed on PC
- Note - This section was written by Rainbow Dash because I was too lazy to do this section.
- "The issue here is that the PC is an insecure platform. Without a central, trusted resource for stats, a lot of our competition features become unfair. We can’t give away prizes when people can easily cheat their stats. Leaderboards are less fun when a lot of the users are there unfairly."
- — Beachhead
PC players are going to have to wait a while longer for Call of Duty ELITE to arrive than the rest of us. For ELITE developer Beachhead Studio, getting Call of Duty Elite’s launch right is of the utmost importance because it guarantees all the stat-tracking and competitions (which feature actual real world and in-game prizes) are all legitimate.
In addition to a copy of one of the PC's multiplayer disks being stolen, the re-addition of dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 3, which can be modded more or less as one pleases, make translating the service over to PC difficult at best.
Whilst for most this may not overly matter, it may prove frustrating for PC users who've already preordered the Hardened edition, as they have essentially payed for a premium service they won't be receiving on time.
- platformnation - Friday Night Fights coming to Call of Duty ELITE TV
- digitaltrends - Call of Duty: Elite Fight Night gives famous rivals a chance to settle it digitally
- gamerant - ‘Call of Duty Elite’ Not Launching Alongside ‘Modern Warfare 3′ on PC
- whatculture - CALL OF DUTY ELITE For PC Delayed