Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: Keep discussions relevant. No mentioning of Xbox, this is not about the Xbox. The PS3 version of Black Ops is known for being inferior to the Xbox, but that wasn't the PS3 owner's decision, so there's no need for flaming either. Keep things clean. No console wars, no talk of Xbox, just how this patch has affected you, what you want them to release in future PS3 patches. Thank you.
At 2AM PST/10AM GMT, Treyarch released patch 1.05 for PS3. No changes aesthetically or gameplay-related this time around, patch 1.05 focuses on under-the-hood fixes to improve the multiplayer experience. Such changes include:
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
Treyarch have claimed that the following is in progress:
• Addressing a freeze that would occur in rare situations involving a combination of high player counts and many killstreaks / explosions occurring simultaneously in a concentrated area
• Further improvements to party reliability to address an issue where mixed NAT types connecting and disconnecting can cause players to drop in some situations
• Investigating “infinite loading screen” issue reported by some users
Commenting has been stopped because of the amount of users thinking they're reinventing the wheel by posting "xbox" when they were explicitly told not to mention it.17:47, December 23, 2010 (UTC)